Away Days, Blackburn Rovers

RobTrent

UTC Legend
Just the one for me. March 1988 we lost 3-1, but I don't really remember anything about it. Sean Brooks scored apparently.

Must be others?

Early 70s (can't remember which year exactly), coach from Bmth Bus station leaving around midnight meant arriving there early morning. Strange sight of Teddy Boys on the streets. A lot of aggro throughout the day along with 'boisterous' police response. And we lost.

I remember as a kid going to a home cup game against you back in the 90's.

A Bournemouth fan we were talking to in the pub who must have had some connection to the club later sent me a programme signed by your squad. I will have to dig it out the loft!

probly a game I went to. can't remember the score, tho think we won. just remember there being a handful of chezzers on a big terrace, and the PA system was so loud we thought our ears would bleed. then got lost on way home in Clitheroe (love that name).

was Shearer playing?!

Remember listening to the League Cup game with it's penalty shootout on the radio.

I went up there in the 2015 promotion season, I think we lost 3-2 or something, almost mounted a comeback but fell short.

First time for us, I've done a quick reccy and I make it, we'll have done just under 9000 miles in the Riverside Rocket this season ( only aways we've missed are Norwich and Fulham) : )

This isn't a " look what great supporters we are " post, it's more a "what lucky supporters we are" post . Firstly, we've both managed to stay well enough to do all the matches ( Fulham was our only "sickie"), which is remarkable in the age of Covid" : )

Secondly, lucky the club and Riverside transport not only made the commitment to provide accessible transport to all away matches but they kept their promises. Even when we were the only ones able to go : )

I know those running the club aren't often "flavour of the month" on here but they do get somethings right for some of us and for that I'm very thankful : )

I'll also add, it's been great being amongst our fans, young, old, new, sober, not so sober, I feel we've been as loud and proud as any season I've been going. Enjoyed every match, win, lose or draw, every match has had a highlight : )

Got to stop gushing now, maybe write more during the summer but we've had great company and good times on the Rocket this season : )

I've not been to EP before either. Think I'm in the mid 60s if you exclude defunct grounds like Brentford or grounds that are no longer in the EFL.
Me and my lad argue about this because I won’t let him count them. I said I’ve seen Brighton on four grounds so no way can I count that as four!!

Blackburn just the once, fairly recent, cold midweeker, hardly any of us there and a great winner from Grabban. Hopefully the only time I will say that sentence this week.

Me and my lad argue about this because I won’t let him count them. I said I’ve seen Brighton on four grounds so no way can I count that as four!!

Blackburn just the once, fairly recent, cold midweeker, hardly any of us there and a great winner from Grabban. Hopefully the only time I will say that sentence this week.

Not being able to count Brentford is the weirdest given the number of times I've been there. There must be ten grounds that I've been to but are now non league.

Remember listening to the League Cup game with it's penalty shootout on the radio.

I went up there in the 2015 promotion season, I think we lost 3-2 or something, almost mounted a comeback but fell short.

I recall hearing about that game from espn or star sports employee in an after hours bar in Bangkok.

7-6 on pens, O'connor, elliot, spicer... what a midfield for league 1.

Needless to say, I opted for number 7.

I recall hearing about that game from espn or star sports employee in an after hours bar in Bangkok.

7-6 on pens, O'connor, elliot, spicer... what a midfield for league 1.

Needless to say, I opted for number 7.

Real Rollercoaster of a game, 1-0 down, 1-1, then I remember Osama Broadhurst scoring a great header with about 10mins to go, only for Blackburn to snatch an injury time equaliser…they went 3-2 up in extra time and I thought that was game over so getting to 3-3 and then winning on penalties was way beyond expectations given Blackburn were PL at the time. A certain Eddie Howe scored the winning penalty as well!

Reactions: drd

;