Away Days V Huddersfield

RobTrent

UTC Legend
Saturday will be my sixth trip to Huddersfield, five of them at their current stadium.

In 1988 I went to Leeds Road, my 76th ground at the time where we got a 2-1 victory. Shaun Close and Trevor Aylott scored, but the thing I really remember is the crowd of just 2,700 rattling around in what was then a large stadium (well, ground).

I saw two more victories at their new home, including the 4-0 season opener, and a 2-0 with Wilson & F****r end a barren run of winless games.

Quite like their new ground so looking forward to it.

Saturday will be my sixth trip to Huddersfield, five of them at their current stadium.

In 1988 I went to Leeds Road, my 76th ground at the time where we got a 2-1 victory. Shaun Close and Trevor Aylott scored, but the thing I really remember is the crowd of just 2,700 rattling around in what was then a large stadium (well, ground).

I saw two more victories at their new home, including the 4-0 season opener, and a 2-0 with Wilson & F****r end a barren run of winless games.

Never went to the old one but always thought it was pretty much the same place. Found this...

image.jpg

The Huddersfield crowd on Saturday will be at their Yorkie noisest and fanatical...electric atmosphere....good luck and good voice to you good Cherries going up there..I know you will hit it full on.

I went to the one in 88 it went a long way to keeping us up

I think they were rock bottom and almost down by this stage

Our support was nothing to write home about that day 200 tops maybe less

My only trip was the play-off semi final.

What a team that was. Absolutely left it all on the pitch that night. One of the prouder performances of a side we’d had (to that point).

Coach got back to Kings Park and the sun was already beginning to rise .

My only trip was the play-off semi final.

What a team that was. Absolutely left it all on the pitch that night. One of the prouder performances of a side we’d had (to that point).

Coach got back to Kings Park and the sun was already beginning to rise .
I did that one too, my other trip there was that hateful 1-4 where we didn’t deserve the 1. Sunday noon kick off in heavy sleet. Awful performance. Hudds crowd were indeed noisy and incessant

I have only been twice , to the old Leeds Road …
First time was an evening game 90/91 season - we won 3-1 , our first win after Harry had returned as manager after his terrible crash in Italy during Italia 90 . A great game .
Went the following season , a dour 0-0 draw .
Could do with the 3-1 this weekend!

The playoff penalties defeat, the Championship title opening day, the 4 seasons in 1 day horror show, and a 2-0 win (I think?) the following season. Certainly had all sorts there over fairly recent years.

Last edited:
I went to the old Leeds Road early 90s,the new stadium was being built as you could see it in the distance,don't remember the manager or score,I think 1-1,could have been Pulis in the potato print kit.
Also went to the new ground ,it was 3 sided to begin with I believe,Machin was manager,I think we scored first but lost ,maybe 3-1,anyone help me out with those ?

Went first game of the season years ago (lost 1-0) when it was new; I was amazed how little infrastructure there was at the away end. Bugger all space behind the stand and one tiny catering place.

For a new, modern, stadium it was/is a joke.
I take it that home fans get treated better

Saturday will be my 3rd visit, went to the same 4-0 and 2-0 victories as you did so here’s to a hat trick!!

Them losing tonight after throwing it away at West Brom on Friday is great for us, hope it will dent the confidence and air of invincibility that they would have built up after their recent 18-match unbeaten run. That’s 2 defeats and a draw in their last 3 now, albeit all away.

They obviously reduced the prices of their tickets in an attempt to sell out and get the place rocking against us but haven’t won since they did that.

;