Away Fans View 2017/18

deancourt

Star Player
Announced by Richard Scudamore premier league chairman today that clubs will have to put away fans pitch side rather than high up in stands like Sunderland to start season 2017/18

Thank the lord for that.

My knees nearly exploded after trudging up those Sunderland stairs.

And I needed gas n’ air.

#oldgitalert

I'm actually a bit surprised Sky have never insisted on this before considering how much better it looks on TV when you can see the away fans.

Hmm...I preferred being up in the heavens at Sunderland and Newcastle compared to pitch side at Arsenal and Everton.

Best solution would be to allow fans to pick their seat in advance but hardly any clubs offered that last season so allocation was pot luck.

Good. Sunderland fans I spoke to actually wanted the away fans back where they were, improved the atmosphere etc...

At Newcastle I actually saw people on the way up that had stopped for a rest. 17 flights of stairs was quite a challenge after 3 hours in the pubs!!

Swings and roundabouts.

The view of the pitch at both Sunderland and Newcastle was very good. From that point of view I liked both.

On the other side of the coin, we were detached from the atmosphere in the ground. We could hardly hear the home support and at Sunderland and we had little idea whether they could hear us or not.

At Newcastle it was a bit of the same detached feeling, although the group of home fans over to the right on the same level as us gave some interaction. It was only when I read in an end-of-season review that Newcastle fans thought we were the best away support of the season.

Oh and at Newcastle there was such a good view over the stands that we did have the added bonus of being able to see the Stadium of Light!

Newcastle was a heck of a long view, so much so that some I saw preferred to watch the game on the TVs in the concourse so they could see what was happening (with beer). Yes quite detached from the game. But at the same time quite an experience to look over the rest of the stadium, and look out over the city.

;