Away Ticket Prices

billythekid

UTC Legend
Those of our fans who travel away.

The price cap on away tickets in the Premier League, which was due to expire at the end of this season, is to be extended.

Premier League officials will strongly recommend at Thursday's shareholders meeting that the restriction, which stops clubs charging away fans more than £30, remains for a further three years.

The agreement was introduced in March 2016 following outcry over the cost to supporters of travelling to watch their team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ay-price-cap-seeing-increase-number-fans.html

I did think for a few of our away games that some concession tickets went up under this scheme, presumably to help offset the cap?

Anyone seen any research on this or confirm ?

Those of our fans who travel away.

The price cap on away tickets in the Premier League, which was due to expire at the end of this season, is to be extended.

Premier League officials will strongly recommend at Thursday's shareholders meeting that the restriction, which stops clubs charging away fans more than £30, remains for a further three years.

The agreement was introduced in March 2016 following outcry over the cost to supporters of travelling to watch their team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ay-price-cap-seeing-increase-number-fans.html
The cap is absolutely pointless. All clubs did was increase the concession prices. Besides which £30 is still way too much, the clubs don't need ticket money and should make it £20 maximum.

Do you have proof that concession prices went up?
I know in many cases that concessionary prices were left alone, so the price differential reduced and may have given that impression. I was led to believe clubs were actively discouraged from behaving in this manner, and i think our club even reduced concessionary prices so the spirit of the reduction was used across the board.

Do you have proof that concession prices went up?
I know in many cases that concessionary prices were left alone, so the price differential reduced and may have given that impression. I was led to believe clubs were actively discouraged from behaving in this manner, and i think our club even reduced concessionary prices so the spirit of the reduction was used across the board.
I have no proof but given that I’ve attended around 70% of away matches with at least one of my 2 sons - and monitored the pricing of tickets for those I haven’t - since we got promoted, I would wholeheartedly agree that concession prices have increased since our first season in the Prem. Example - I remember paying something like £5 for the kids at Arsenal and only £23 (I think) for me. I’ve kept all the tickets so maybe i’ll check.

I also agree that twenty is plenty, if not too much.

Aren't they required to charge the same for kids in all areas of the ground? Seems unlikely that they'd boost the prices around the whole ground just to claw back cash from a few hundred concessions in the away end.

;