Away to Huddersfield

kirsikka

UTC Legend
It's been quite an experience supporting AFCB since our last trip to Huddersfield. Here's a little reminder of how it began. Enjoy!

[youtube=7xfq_VYjsvE]

What was our team that day? I wonder how many of those players will be in the squad next Sunday?

tednphil - 4/2/2018 17:08

What was our team that day? I wonder how many of those players will be in the squad next Sunday?

Starting eleven was:

Lee Camp
Simon Francis
Tommy Elphick
Steve Cook
Charlie Daniels
Matt Ritchie
Eunan O'Kane
Harry Arter
Marc Pugh
Jann Kermorgant
Callum Wilson

tednphil - 4/2/2018 17:08

Camp
Francis
Daniels
Cook
Elphick
Ritchie
Pugh (Stanislas at 90)
O'Kane
Arter
Kermorgant (Gosling at 82)
Wilson (Rantie at 82)

Substitutes
Gosling
Rantie
Pitman
Harte
Stanislas
Ward
Buchel

So 8 from our squad of 3 1/2 years ago, likely to be in our squad next week. I wonder how many from the Huddersfield Championship squad are still at their club?

If we draw all remaining games giving 43 points, the current bottom teams on 24 points would need 5 wins ,5 draws minimum or similar arrangement from 12 games to overtake us. We are 95% safe! Well, thats one angle on it!

Going back even further, here's a photo Mick Cunningham took of a rare Tuesday night division 3 away win at Leeds Road. That's me second from the left!

Attachments

• udders.jpg
    udders.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
stanthevan - 4/2/2018 19:00

Going back even further, here's a photo Mick Cunningham took of a rare Tuesday night division 3 away win at Leeds Road. That's me second from the left!

Ha ha. I was there that night - our first away win of the season a 3-1 tonking ! Harry’s first game back in charge after his injuries in that crash during Italia 90 . About seventy of us on that massive away terrace ??

BillMcgarrycherry - 4/2/2018 17:50

If we draw all remaining games giving 43 points, the current bottom teams on 24 points would need 5 wins ,5 draws minimum or similar arrangement from 12 games to overtake us. We are 95% safe! Well, thats one angle on it!

I believe that no one has gone down with 9 wins, so...........one to go :dance:

That Pugh goal.
Game 1 minute 1.
We were all singing "we're top of the league".
Never looked back since, been all good since then.

;