Away To Saints

That winning goal right there, that is why Traore has to play. No other Bournemouth player finds that pass.
1690370628039.jpeg
Look, I'm as pleased as everyone else to see Traore finding form and showing the quality that we haven't yet consistently seen - injuries playing a part in that. But acting as if no other player would find the pass to Brooks here is laughable, Billing or Brooks himself in the same position would be just as capable (with as much time and space as Traore was given, he picked up possession in our half, I'd reckon Christie and Solanke would also join that list as well). He executed the pass perfectly and credit to Traore for that, but you don't need to embarrass yourself and denigrate the rest of the team in the process.

Sour grapes from them as their first chant within ten seconds of kick off was 'You're going down', they quickly shut up as we tore them apart. Yes we were far more up for it than they were and to me that was a demonstration of players wanting to impress and play for their place, also professionalism in my view.

The first half was complete dominance, we looked two leagues apart. When the raft of subs came in the second you then realised you were at meaningless friendly and the game lost cohesion but was still frenetic.

The score line was immaterial but added minor drama in the stands and kept the interest up, especially the winner for us - which they very much didn't like naturally.

On the walk back much of the conversation that I overheard from them was that we were the better team by far, they seem worried at their tactics and the fact they will lose some influential players pretty soon. Loads of negativity from them.

We have our own mega critics but I saw enough to feel positive, they looked a complete mess however and the gap in quality was obvious. That said it was a friendly the result is immaterial and quickly gets forgotten.

I thought we put out a much weaker team first half and we’re caught cold by your high press.
You were overall the better team but not by 2 divisions- the press you employed is something we know very well and was very effective for us when Ralph first came in.
It however became hard to sustain and we were eventually found out- interestingly it’s difficult in the premier league against lesser teams who caught us out time and again on the break - will be interesting to see how you do playing this system- I think you will finish mid table and will have no relegation fears- but the system your manager wants to play does come with a few risks but actually it will be pretty good to watch if your q Bournemouth fan.
Most sensible Saints fans were quite happy with how things are shaping up - we are changing our style to a more possession based approach - that being said most saints fans I know are not expecting us to finish any higher than around the play off places at best.
Yes there were fans moaning as usual last night but they need to be patient - it’s the modern day football fan unfortunately- I hope the Board give our manager time and the fans have realistic expectations

What a lovely moment watching that Brooks goal last night in front of our away fans. Only a friendly but still moments like that must mean so much to him and his family too. He's looking super sharp. Doesn't matter if he struggles to last 90 mins in future. If he can run like that and bang them in like that, it will be amazing. He's looking really well and really happy. Getting married too. So glad things are going really well for him.

Well said Siberia - I think if you are up around the playoffs this season you’ll have an interesting time and lots of excitement. I don’t think there is much danger you won’t do that at least. I think in actual fact we benefitted from two years in the Championship to rebuild. Immediate promotion didn’t serve Watford or Norwich very well but a settled Brentford have pushed on. In all honestly old school cherries fans never expected PL football and it’s a bit of a drug - you hate it but it’s addictive. The Championship is a great League with lots of big clubs and high attendances.

Every club has its morons- you have your fair share too- you worked in a pub and you are judging our fans from the clientele!
You can't even read !!! I have NEVER worked in a pub. The poster I was replying to did. You need to direct your bs at the correct poster. I am not the moron. Look in a mirror.

I know you won’t be aware but we’ve had this discussion on here before.

Every club will indeed have a certain percentage of those types of fan. It’s just Southampton has a higher proportion of said fan within its fan base, which is then a bigger fan base so it makes for a very high volume of “morons” to use your term of endearment.

Having also had a spell of living in Southampton and not just in a pub, I’d also agree.

To take it back to one of your original posts where you were telling us how much your supporters don’t not like us and there was no rivalry and you could walk around Bournemouth in a Southampton shirt and not get grief… I can confirm as a Uni student it didn’t work vice versa and this was before the clubs began to clash in league one.

I resided in Southampton for seven years and can confirm that, within it's population, there are more than one might expect of a moronic disposition. As evidenced by myself being verbally denounced on this forum by said Saints supporter for the opinions of another poster. Joining dots, it would appear, is not their forte.

For you certainly. And don't apologise. Just make out it's my fault. It's what I would of expected.
I have no idea what you are getting annoyed about- despite your views regarding the people of Southampton you managed to spend 7 years there! I lived in Boscombe and Winton for a few years and never had any issues with the folk there who knew I was from Southampton.
Southampton is very different of course and has quite a few social issues and areas of the city are pretty high on the multiple indices of deprivation. The people of the city are generally pretty welcoming and people in my neighbourhood look out to each other- the football club is the glue that holds all the various parts of the city together.
I think we have offered quite a bit as a football club and probably punched above our weight for a while in the 1980s in particular.
Bournemouth’s rise has been remarkable and they are becoming an established premier league club- most Saints fans as I have stated on previous posts here recognise your success and accept that you are more than just a ‘noisy neighbour’
I can accept you don’t like us and understand some of the reasons but we can still chat about footy with a bit of mutual respect can’t we?

I have no idea what you are getting annoyed about- despite your views regarding the people of Southampton you managed to spend 7 years there! I lived in Boscombe and Winton for a few years and never had any issues with the folk there who knew I was from Southampton.
Southampton is very different of course and has quite a few social issues and areas of the city are pretty high on the multiple indices of deprivation. The people of the city are generally pretty welcoming and people in my neighbourhood look out to each other- the football club is the glue that holds all the various parts of the city together.
I think we have offered quite a bit as a football club and probably punched above our weight for a while in the 1980s in particular.
Bournemouth’s rise has been remarkable and they are becoming an established premier league club- most Saints fans as I have stated on previous posts here recognise your success and accept that you are more than just a ‘noisy neighbour’
I can accept you don’t like us and understand some of the reasons but we can still chat about footy with a bit of mutual respect can’t we?
We've got our morons as well so wouldn't take it too personally.

What a lovely moment watching that Brooks goal last night in front of our away fans. Only a friendly but still moments like that must mean so much to him and his family too. He's looking super sharp. Doesn't matter if he struggles to last 90 mins in future. If he can run like that and bang them in like that, it will be amazing. He's looking really well and really happy. Getting married too. So glad things are going really well for him.
Spot on , some positive news:) .

Totally agree with you on this. The number of times I’ve admitted to my better half I was wrong in doubting he could ever play in the PL again…. He’s a joy to watch, a real feel good AFCB story.

You were overall the better team but not by 2 divisions- the press you employed is something we know very well and was very effective for us when Ralph first came in.
It however became hard to sustain and we were eventually found out- interestingly it’s difficult in the premier league against lesser teams who caught us out time and again on the break - will be interesting to see how you do playing this system- I think you will finish mid table and will have no relegation fears- but the system your manager wants to play does come with a few risks but actually it will be pretty good to watch if your q Bournemouth fan.
Most sensible Saints fans were quite happy with how things are shaping up - we are changing our style to a more possession based approach - that being said most saints fans I know are not expecting us to finish any higher than around the play off places at best.
Yes there were fans moaning as usual last night but they need to be patient - it’s the modern day football fan unfortunately- I hope the Board give our manager time and the fans have realistic expectations
Good observations, and mid-table would certainly align with our owner Bill’s mid-term ambition and personally suit me fine. Having said that, I also think BFC1 is right about the addictive desire to survive in the PL. I loved it in the Championship with games thick and fast and most teams capable of beating each other. Enjoy it while you’ve got it Siberia.

;