Back up striker Danny Ings

dragonm8

UTC Legend
Danny Ings, no knees, but a brilliant forward player to bring on in the finl phase of a game.

Getting zero game time at Kansas United (bait for Slowdownderek)

If you could add some experience, as a replacement for Kieffer, Danny Ings is the cheap back up player we need.

Thoughts?

Two years ago, I'd have said 'yes' but I fear he's winding down. I think we need to sign a younger striker to take over from Dom as I think Dom might be on the move in the summer. Now would be a good time to get a player in and give some time to bring the player up to speed.

Yeah he certainly isn't the player he once was.

I do feel he would be a reasonable, experienced player who could be worth signing on a 1 year deal.

What happens currently if Dom gets an injury?

There are good deals to be had when players get a bit older, and are signed as an impact player.

Ings last contract he probably thought he would be pushing for a start at WH, and as he has aged he probably realises that he now has to play a bit part at this level, or drop down the league pyramid.

Ings would be a great sub to have, if Moore leaves.

We need someone who can replicate Dom's work rate and Ings hasn't been able to do that for a few years now. Viktor Gyokeres would be ideal and he's having a great season at Sporting, but I doubt he'd come here as second choice.

His record.

Not for me.

Injury prone.
Expensive.
Can’t really operate effectively as a lone forward.

Would rather keep Moore.
Indeed Moore’s a keeper - keeper Moore perhaps ?
On a serious note - I don’t think we have a pressing need for another central striker unless we do sell KM and I’d be happy if he remained our number 2 number 9. I guess if irons in fires from the summer are still warm we may go back for previous targets but spending probably £20m mid season will get us a young or a misfiring striker and that will be a big risk. Scoring strikers cost way more than their true worth this time of year. Semenyo and Kluivert can play centrally if required.

Why go backwards...his peak period was at Sorethumbtown.....from 2018 to 21 ..aged 26 to 29....now he is 31....probably seeking a nice comfortable few years in a nice place to end his career.
Our club has not got a good record in that field of operation.

Why not go for more young strikers like Semenyo.
I don't think Ings would be a disaster..and possibly ok for say 2 seasons ..but might not be in keeping with our future projections especially if he is injury prone.

I’d prefer a striker with lots of pace that we could bring on to change the game up a bit. We don’t really have that as an option unless we play a winger centrally. Which we could do tbf.

Two years ago, I'd have said 'yes' but I fear he's winding down. I think we need to sign a younger striker to take over from Dom as I think Dom might be on the move in the summer. Now would be a good time to get a player in and give some time to bring the player up to speed.
I think Moore will move on in January and we will have a left field signing come in

;