Bad news? Chelsea

...I doubt it was 20 million as that is what we paid for him? we would need to at least double that to let him go...

Thing is IF in January we look like relegation fodder, will the likes of Ake and Lewis Cook want to hang around if bids come in?

I get the feeling that we may have a bad apple or two in the squad upsetting our normal close knit team spirit...

Frank Lampard seems to be giving his youngsters a chance and it seems to be paying dividends.

Maybe in a way the transfer ban has done Chelsea a favour and they have had to look within and unravelled talent by doing so.

I really don't understand why people on here are so concerned about the possibility of Ake leaving...it's not as though we don't have alternative options waiting in the wings like...erm...well, Mings for example...

...What d'you mean Mings has already gone...!? :oops:

I think they have done quite well using the players they have got. A few British kids have had a chance.

Hopefully they'll spend all their available cash on Zaha

I can’t see us selling anyone we don’t want to keep if we are in a relegation battle. Different come the summer.

Just seen this on Twitter.

Alex Deutsch

@alexdeutsch

· 8m

Replying to
@alexdeutsch
This year has been such a blur, I forgot we've already had a summer. Nathan Ake's buyback clause has expired.
Quote Tweet

zRQhzBnu_normal.jpg

Simon Phillips

@SiPhillipsSport · Jan 13
Re - The Sun’s story on Nathan Ake. It does hold some truth. Chelsea ARE considering using the £40 million clause to re-sign Ake, but obviously the player will have to want the move as well. They have until the summer to use the buyback clause.

:utc:

I imagine any Chelsea buyback clause would have expired by now. Either way it was reported at 40m last summer, so now three windows later it'd be much higher. They aren't flat, they increase over time to reflect market shifts

;