Ballot

clintclease

First Team
Hi, Does anyone out there in red and black cyberspace have any inkling about how tickets will be allocated/distributed for reduced attendance matches from December?

In a nutshell the plan back in autumn was to limit it to season ticket holders. All season ticket holders go into a ballot system to draw out however many tickets we're allowed for the given home game.

It got more complicated with trying to allow household bubbles to attend together, and ensuring no ST holder goes a second time before everyone has been once, etc.

That plan might change, but guess it'll be something along those lines.

If the number is 4000, we could just have 2 sets of season ticket holders alternate. Much less of a headache for us than many other clubs.

If the number is 4000, we could just have 2 sets of season ticket holders alternate. Much less of a headache for us than many other clubs.

4,000 in our ground is very different to 4,000 in Liverpool or man Utd - although they are tier 3 in any case!

you can call me a muzzle loving sheep, but I'm not sure I'd be keen on attending a 4,000 full dean court in January. It's not exactly distanced. 1 seat in 3 is less than 2m surely?

1000 in each stand doesn't sound too much of a stretch to me, but who knows. Even if it was 2500 they could probably satisfy 2 lots of season ticket holders on rotation that actually want to go.

I’d be surprised if BCP remained in Tier 1. Even if 4000 is technically allowed, the actual figure will depend on the clubs risk assessment. The design of the NS in particular isn’t really suited to social distancing with its 2 small vomitories under the stands.

There will certainly be logistical issues to work through and I think at least initially the number of tickets available will be low

BCP was on the brink of tier 2 before lockdown so I’d be pretty sure it’ll be at least tier 2 when announced tomorrow.

I also wouldn’t at all be surprised if not all season ticket holders wanted to enter the ballot and be involved for now and would prefer to continue to get refunds.

Talk of moving next Tuesday's game - but refunds already given for that game and why would Preston want to move it to give us an advantage?

BCP was on the brink of tier 2 before lockdown so I’d be pretty sure it’ll be at least tier 2 when announced tomorrow.

I also wouldn’t at all be surprised if not all season ticket holders wanted to enter the ballot and be involved for now and would prefer to continue to get refunds.

We've actually dropped a fair bit since then tbf. Having said that I think the threshold will be 100 per 100k.

;