Based on this evening...

Maybe Ibe's best position isn't out on the wing?

Play him up top through the middle of pitch in a midfield 5.

Not saying it is but it's a thought - Oxlade-Chamberline wants to be played in that position.

I think if we're going to stick with a central Defoe up front we've pretty much got to go 4-5-1 anyhow.

Druss_the_Legend - 16/9/2017 17:50

bpl234 - 16/9/2017 16:00

Fraser should not start . He's basic a good impact player .

But Ibe should? Not saying he shouldnt, but his one good performance has been as an impact player.

Someone has to start. Fraser has done the square root of feck all this season. Pugh has barely done any more. Therefore surely it is time to look at other options ?

The Alchemist - 16/9/2017 18:12

But Ibe should? Not saying he shouldnt, but his one good performance has been as an impact player.

Someone has to start. Fraser has done the square root of feck all this season. Pugh has barely done any more. Therefore surely it is time to look at other options ?

Thats cool, just pointing out there are reasons to drop Fraser, but to say its becuase its an impact player while happily ignoring the issue.

Harsh of Pugh though, the left wing was our only attacking outlet for 65 mins last night.

Druss_the_Legend - 16/9/2017 18:43

The Alchemist - 16/9/2017 18:12

Thats cool, just pointing out there are reasons to drop Fraser, but to say its becuase its an impact player while happily ignoring the issue.

Harsh of Pugh though, the left wing was our only attacking outlet for 65 mins last night.

It was - mainly down to Daniels. Pugh was slow, ponderous and could barely beat his man.

The crossing from all of them was appalling.

MY Team for Everton

------------Begovic-------------
Smith---Cook---Ake---Daniels
-------Cook-------Surman------
Ibe----------King--------Stanislas
-------------Defoe---------------

Boruc, B. Smith, Francis, Fraser, Pugh, Afobe, Moussett

Springbournered - 15/9/2017 21:59

And imo, our strongest eleven would be...

Begovic

Cook, Ake, Mings

Smith, Daniels

Ibe, Surman, L Cook

King, Defoe

It would appear that this formation with three at the back, using wing backs, was the way forward! Although we justifiably lost against Huddersfield (due in part, I’d say, to fatigue), it would appear to be the solid formation for us!
Every team suffers set backs and the last game shows that. It is football after all.
As disappointed as we all are, we have to get behind the team for Newcastle’s visit!
C’mon you reds!

UTCIAD

Fatigue?! We've deliberately not concentrated on any Cup competitions.

Still I'm sure the warm weather training will help them recover, poor souls. ;-)

Looked more like we were surprised that HT came right at us, instead of hanging back. I would say it was more overconfidence than fatigue, and then they never found the "on" switch. Stoke and Chelsea wilted as the game progressed - not HT.

Really I thought Francis and Cook looked knackered! Heavy legged, second to just about everything! I know we’ve had no cup games but they looked seriously lacking in strength and any kind of pace!

Springbournered - 13/2/2018 11:57

Begovic

Cook, Ake, Mings

Smith, Daniels

Ibe, Surman, L Cook

King, Defoe

It would appear that this formation with three at the back, using wing backs, was the way forward! Although we justifiably lost against Huddersfield (due in part, I’d say, to fatigue), it would appear to be the solid formation for us!
Every team suffers set backs and the last game shows that. It is football after all.
As disappointed as we all are, we have to get behind the team for Newcastle’s visit!
C’mon you reds!

UTCIAD

Fatigue!! FFS

bog_standard - 13/2/2018 19:10

Springbournered - 13/2/2018 11:57

Begovic

Cook, Ake, Mings

Smith, Daniels

Ibe, Surman, L Cook

King, Defoe

C’mon you reds!

UTCIAD

Fatigue!! FFS

Guessing you don’t agree then bog? This has is why I would’ve liked Eddie to have added a couple more guys in the last window. I don’t think some of the ‘old guard’ can all hack the pace in the PL anymore! Obviously just my opinion but a few looked way off the pace out there on Sunday!

They looked way off the pace for sure, but they absolutely weren't fatigued. Fatigued implies you've been overworked; they had 8 days off! They simply "weren't up for it".

Huddersfield played an FA Cup relay a few days before playing us.
Yet their players looked twice as energetic as ours.
Physical Fatigue? I doubt it. Mental state is probably closer to the truth.

;