BCP Council cancel Christmas

Given that Vikki and BID are two stakeholders of the same animal, perhaps it's better they sat down together and talked it through up front.

Maybe they did? And the intention was to announce a cancellation and then have BID 'swoop in' to the rescue? But it seems a bit tinpot. Would be more professional to announce a change of funding had already been agreed and arranged.

Hey ho, either way I guess it's good something was sorted in the end.

Given that Vikki and BID are two stakeholders of the same animal, perhaps it's better they sat down together and talked it through up front.

Maybe they did? And the intention was to announce a cancellation and then have BID 'swoop in' to the rescue? But it seems a bit tinpot. Would be more professional to announce a change of funding had already been agreed and arranged.

Hey ho, either way I guess it's good something was sorted in the end.

They aren't the same animal. The BID is a collection of ratepayers that agree to pay into a fund for mutual benefit.

For those that didn’t know, including myself, bit about it.

The Bournemouth Town Centre BID represents and supports more than 700 levy paying businesses and promotes Bournemouth as a safe, secure, attractive, clean, welcoming and vibrant place to spend time.

The Bournemouth Town Centre BID was first established in 2012, received a second mandate in 2017 and began a new five-year term in July 2022 following the support of levy payers in the ballot in April 2022.

The Bournemouth Town Centre BID is a not-for-profit company with a board of directors made up of representatives of the levy paying businesses.

Primarily funded by the levy-payers, the BID has invested more than £6m into the town centre in its first ten years and plans to invest a further £3m between 2022 and 2027.

The BID raises additional funding through voluntary contributions, sponsorship, and matched funding for specific projects.

Every penny is being invested into making Bournemouth Town Centre a better place for visitors, residents, and all sectors of the business community.

I know what BID is, we went into this the other day Del. They work with BCP on many projects. My point stands.

They work with all sorts of people but they are different from BCP. I don't see what the issue is with them announcing it themselves. Hopefully other shopping areas sort out their own lights because the council provided ones around the area are pretty shite tbh.

BCP does seem to often be very chaotic, whether it’s calling emergencies because there’s parked cars everywhere or cancelling Christmas to have it saved.

The art festival portal another example, it does strike me that a bit of forethought and some of these things could be avoided.

BCP won’t be the only council to cut back on Christmas this year.

The Tory government has cut so many grants and other sources of funding that many more will be going the way of Birmingham as long as they are in power.

;