Bedwetter

Do you get out very often ?.....;)
Definitely not, I find it is best avoided, people just shout obscenities at me :p

It was genuinely a new one to me though but then I have not had too many dealings with UK culture in the past 30 years ( only encounter UK culture on here these days and using the term “culture” in that context might be stretching things a bit :unsure: ), so admit I may be a tad out of the loop.
I’m glad the term has nothing to do with football after all though, no place for football talk on this forum !
:scoot:

now you've worked out cu nt, can you explain cockwomble to me? did orinoco have a massive dong, did I miss something in my childhood education?!

Cockwomble was originally coined in the 1970s by actress Una Stubbs.

During filming of Worzel Gummidge, fellow thesp Jon Pertwee accidentally put his 'clever' head on during a take when he should have used his 'handsome' version.

Stubbs is alleged to have said that she had never worked with such an amateur cockwomble which led to a 10 year feud between the two with Stubbs often being seen outside Pertwee's Northamptonshire home shouting cockwomble over the privet hedge and Pertwee paying paperboys delivering to Stubbs' Warrington home to scrawl the word across her weekly copy of The People's Friend.

The term cockwomble was a favourite on the set of Midland soap Crossroads although it only really took off during the run of popular teatime quiz show blockbusters, host Bob Holness is thought to have picked up the epithet on an appearance with Stubbs on give us a clue.

Holness was rapidly dropped from the show when news leaked of him screaming at teenage boys and girls when they cheekily said "I'll have a P please Bob you cockwomble".

Allegedly.

;