Bedwetting

markafcb

First Team
Now I'd just like to say that I like this phrase when looking on other message boards and very surprised (especially with our reputation of being all over 65 ) that it is rarely used on here.....Jose first game was hardly going to be a stroll for us, along with the first game at the tesco stadium was, again, well, not a given..... I would have snapped someone's hand off for a point today before the match so, bringing back to the subject, why the bed wetting??? (Lose to wba and wet away)

Couldn't agree more, Mark. 35 more games to go and definitely signs of improvement today. A point away at Palace not to be sniffed at...

...good point which most of us would have taken before the game...but given our dominance for the first half we spurned the chance to really sink Palace....we just don't seem to be able to cope when teams put us under pressure and we get driven into our shells with the whole team trying to hang on behind the ball...we let Palace get back into the game sadly....but yes the season is long at least we showed some of our energetic play early on in this match...we have conceded three headed goals out of the five we have let in in the three matches....something to work on there Eddie!

I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't think, say or do but in my world, we're 8 points of the top of the Premier League with 35 games to go. We're 35 games above whoever's top of the Championship, we're over 70 places higher than when Eddie was appointed. From what I see, he (and his team) work tirelessly to do the best for my/our/your club, it's enough for me. I don't think we'll go down but if we do, they'll have given it their all.Every mistake will be obvious in hindsight but I remember thinking last year when Eddie said " I have every confidence in my squad that we will stay up" and thinking "really?". I needn't have doubted, he was right.

I support the club not it's Premier League status, if myself and the Good Lady are back having away days in Shrewsbury or Wycombe, then so be it. It's not what I want or expect.

We were better first half, they were better second. Boruc and King our 2 best players, both written off at various times last year, along with Eddie's judgement on them. He's got 41 games as a Prem manager at the smallest, least attractive (outside of its own fanbase) club in the Prem.

It was only Fraser's second Prem match, a Scotsman running around in that heat, what was Eddie thinking? No wonder we faded second half : )

Can someone use the term "precious", as well as spin the old yarn about "look where we have come from" crap.

I miss them.

In what way is it crap?
We still have probably the lowest turnover of any of the PL clubs. We are competing against teams with crowds far bigger than ours
Not that long ago, a highlight of our season was a 'derby game' at Yeovil
Some of the people on this board need a reality check. Avoiding relegation is our target this year and every season we stay in the PL_ not very exciting but that is the situation we are in

The only words I have watching the highlights last night and that second half......PUSH OUT!!!!!

The midfield was so ridiculously deep they were almost on the toes of the defenders. Looked like we had lost complete organisational control.

drd - 28/8/2016 09:29

In what way is it crap?
We still have probably the lowest turnover of any of the PL clubs. We are competing against teams with crowds far bigger than ours
Not that long ago, a highlight of our season was a 'derby game' at Yeovil

In what way is that relevant? The amount we get from gate income is miniscule compared to the $ky sums.

Seems like others need a reality check.

To suggest that because we get sky money we're on a level playing field with the rest of the Premier is as ridiculous as the plucky little Bournemouth paupers of league2 made it to the Prem with togetherness and 50p they found behind the sofa .

Where have I said we're on a level playing field? Just we cannot carry on this bullsh¡t "used to be league 2 so be grateful" line that several self heightened importance posters cling on to.

Piss pot off the field is embarrassing. And now the overpaidbillybigbollox disease appears to be creeping into onpitch operations.

;