Belated congratulations Boreham Wood.

table

UTC Legend
Nearly 24 hours later and having time to reflect on last night, I want to pass on my congratulations and best wishes for the future to Boreham Wood. It's easy to forget how big a deal it is for them, no matter our thoughts on our performance, they came to a team 3rd in the Championship, kept a clean sheet and won in normal time. We had half our first team out there ( at the end) with loanees from Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle and Norwich. Goalkeeper apart, they didn't resort to game management ( as most Prem' and Champo' teams, especially us would have).

My personal thoughts are, our club's d.n.a. is as close to theirs as it is to those mentioned above. It's only 25 years ago our club was nearly extinct, 12 years ago had Supa put that shot in the North Stand, we could have gone out the League. Imagine that scenario, we're in the National League beat 3rd top in the Championship and have an away 5th round tie at Everton. It's the fabled " Magic of the FA cup " and we were on the receiving end of it.

I know there's been some " well done BW " in amongst all our numerous threads bemoaning our performance, so I thought a thread to congratulate them might be in order. It could easily have been us, celebrating a 37 year old Brett Pitman scoring the winner in one of the biggest nights in the clubs history.

Once again, well done Boreham Wood, I hope you enjoy and make the most of these times whilst they're here.

I say congratulations to Boreham Wood the club, and the handful of fans in that travelling support that go to see them on a regular basis.

However, to the Watford fans which made up 90% of last night's away end I say something completely different.

I say congratulations to Boreham Wood the club, and the handful of fans in that travelling support that go to see them on a regular basis.

However, to the Watford fans which made up 90% of last night's away end I say something completely different.
Were they Watford? Thought I heard that "Watford get battered" chant quite a few times?

Not sure about all the fans stuff, but was glad they got through at the end.

To us (club) it means nothing and we'd have no doubt put out a sort of reserve team at Everton at probably gone out.

At least Boreham Wood players/staff/club will be absoloutely buzzing and will savour/appreciate the facup fairy tale/once in a life time journey and trip to Everton.

Think years ago when we played Walthamstow Avenue at their ground, there were a number of Spurs fans amongst their crowd.

me neither
not too impressed with the way their front row rushed towards stacey when he nearly went over the advertising boards
those I saw in boscombe seemed a bunch of nasty mockney thugs, tbh
They’d certainly rehearsed their gor’ blimey accents , rather than just good old Hertfordshire- perhaps there were plenty of gooners or whoever in with them , hence the aggressive attitudes and singing ?

Think years ago when we played Walthamstow Avenue at their ground, there were a number of Spurs fans amongst their crowd.
That's correct...Spurs were postponed due to frozen snow and hundreds of their fans came to the nearest other game still on....Some of us escaped a beating near the tube station entrance. Evil b@stards.

They’d certainly rehearsed their gor’ blimey accents , rather than just good old Hertfordshire- perhaps there were plenty of gooners or whoever in with them , hence the aggressive attitudes and singing ?

Didn't we have similar or worse with 'minnows' Nuneaton at the old Dean Court?

I used to kind of expect some kind of family orientated, likeable, good natured fan bases when playing noneague clubs, but seems another type sometimes latch on.

From Watford fans website.

For those who watched the match yesterday, the loud voice giving the 'colourful' encouragement to the 'Wood is part of the set-up at Broughinge Road.

Agree totally, I thought Bournemouth's football was like the very worst we have played when sideways was the "go to" move.

Well done to our visitors last night of course and they will really enjoy playing a PL at their place…but we were a total embarrassment of a team and the manager should be ashamed and reflective on what team he put out which disrespected the opposition

;