Ben Pearson

When will we stop following Eddie Howe's training manuals FFS?

To be fair Rothwell was injured in a pre-season friendly before he really had a chance to train with us, Brooks is obviously a non-injury and at this stage we'd all be more shocked if Junior was injury free.

Damn.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/pearson-heads-to-stoke/

Cook, Lerma and Rothwell to cover the two roles. That does feel light.
Struggling to understand that decision, particularly since Pearson also seems to be really popular with the other squad members. Surely Stanislas is a waste of a squad place for the remaining games ? A bizarre decision in my opinion.

EDIT :
Mind you, who in their right mind would take Stanislas on loan, given his history ? We’re probably stuck with him and unwilling to let anybody else become an outsider ( Brooks et al )

I did post on another thread that I see us trying to go with 3 behind Solanke that have the flexibility to switch positions. That's one thing that doesn't suit Billing, as he central only. Maybe the plan is to try and drag him back a bit so he can cover there. That's the position for which we originally bought him. If he can still contribute goals, but from a more box-to-box role then might be an option.

Reactions: Mdl
Struggling to understand that decision, particularly since Pearson also seems to be really popular with the other squad members. Surely Stanislas is a waste of a squad place for the remaining games ? A bizarre decision in my opinion.
Stanislas definitely seems a risky/unnecessary choice for a squad place.

Even if he does stay fit for the rest of the season, where does he fit in now, with Anthony/Traore/Ouattara/Christie/Tavernier, even Semenyo who's often played wide, its not like we're short on wide options.

Centrally we are short. Can only assume Cooks injury isn't long term, but even with him available we're light.

;