Benfica / West Ham Friendlies Line Ups Competition

Cherry_Bozzo

Fans' Favourite
I have to admit that this is mainly another way of plugging (and testing) the team selector competition I am proposing for 20/21 – but I also hope to help make these friendly games a little more interesting for all who choose to enter.

All you need to do to enter is predict your starting 11 for the match and also name 7 subs. Starting 11 means those starting the first half of the game. Subs normally include a goalie but does not have to for this competition – especially for the friendlies.

I am sticking to the selection numbers the season long competition will be based on (11+7) as I am using these friendlies as a scoring test for my purposes. This is despite the fact that we know that far more subs are likely to be used if the last few years are anything to go by – often including a full 11 change at half time!

The scoring will be as follows: 3 points for each correct first half starter in your 11, 2 points for any of your 7 subs who actually starts and 1 point for any others of your 18 who gets on the pitch during the game. There will be a 5 point bonus if you correctly select all 11 starters and a 2 point bonus if all 18 you select make an appearance. Results for each game will be shown as well as a combined total over the two matches.

Entries have to be in an hour and a half before kick off – so 5:30pm (UK) for the Benfica game. I am hoping that the line ups are only being announced an hour before kick off as for league games - if not, this will not be much of a competition!

If you wish to revise an entry – please do so using a separate post, rather than editing your first one as I may not otherwise pick it up.

To start this off – my selection for tomorrow is:

Starting XI – Travers, Stacey, Mepham, Kelly, Rico, L Cook, Billing, Gosling, Danjuma, Brooks & Solanke.

Subs – Smith, Cook (S), Lerma, Kilkenny, Stanislas, Wilson & Surridge

Starting X1
Travers, Stacey, Cook (s), Kelly, Rico,
Brooks, Lerma, Cook (L), Danjuma, Stanislas & Solanke
Subs.
Smith, Arter, Mepham, Wilson, Surridge, Gosling & Billing.

Travers
Smith
Kelly
Cook (S)
Rico

Cook (L)
Billing
Gosling

Danjuma
Wilson
Stan

Subs
Dennis
Stacey
Lerma
Solanke
Kilkenny
Ofoborh
Mepham

Travers
Stacey, Cook S, Kelly, Smith
Stanislas, Billing, Lerma, Danjuma
Brooks
Wilson

Begovic, Mepham, Rico, Gosling, Cook L, Solanke, Surridge

Travers
Rico
Smith
Cook
Kelly
Billing
Danjuma
Trialist (Signing Tuesday if good)
Brooks
Kilkenny
Wilson

Travers
Smith
S Cook
Mepham
Rico

Stanislas
Cook
Billing
Brooks

Solanke
Wilson

Begovic, Simpson, Arter, Surridge, Lerma, Gosling, Danjuma,

Last edited:
v Benfica

Travers

Smith
Cook (S)
Mepham
Kelly

Lerma
Cook (L)
Gosling

Brookes
Wilson
Danjuma

Subs

Begovic
Stanislas
Rico
Billing
Danjuma
Surridge
Solanke

GK - Travers
DF - Stacey
DF - Cook (S)
DF - Mepham
DF - Kelly
MF - Stan
MF - Gosling
MF - Billing
MF - Danjuma
FW - Solanke
FW - Surridge

SUBS : Arter, Taylor, Kilkenny, Ofoborh, Simpson, Rico, Dennis

3-4-2-1

Travers

Mepham
S Cook
Kelly

Smith
L Cook
Lerma
Rico

Solanke
Brookes

Surridge

Subs

Begovic
Stacey
Simpson
Gosling
Billing
Stanislas
Danjuma

Travers
A Smith S Cook Kelly Rico
Brooks L cook Lerma Stan
Solanke Wilson

Subs:
Begovic, Stacey, Simpson, Kilkenny, Dsnjuma, ofoborh, Surridge

I have to admit that this is mainly another way of plugging (and testing) the team selector competition I am proposing for 20/21 – but I also hope to help make these friendly games a little more interesting for all who choose to enter.

All you need to do to enter is predict your starting 11 for the match and also name 7 subs. Starting 11 means those starting the first half of the game. Subs normally include a goalie but does not have to for this competition – especially for the friendlies.

I am sticking to the selection numbers the season long competition will be based on (11+7) as I am using these friendlies as a scoring test for my purposes. This is despite the fact that we know that far more subs are likely to be used if the last few years are anything to go by – often including a full 11 change at half time!

The scoring will be as follows: 3 points for each correct first half starter in your 11, 2 points for any of your 7 subs who actually starts and 1 point for any others of your 18 who gets on the pitch during the game. There will be a 5 point bonus if you correctly select all 11 starters and a 2 point bonus if all 18 you select make an appearance. Results for each game will be shown as well as a combined total over the two matches.

Entries have to be in an hour and a half before kick off – so 5:30pm (UK) for the Benfica game. I am hoping that the line ups are only being announced an hour before kick off as for league games - if not, this will not be much of a competition!

If you wish to revise an entry – please do so using a separate post, rather than editing your first one as I may not otherwise pick it up.

To start this off – my selection for tomorrow is:

Starting XI – Travers, Stacey, Mepham, Kelly, Rico, L Cook, Billing, Gosling, Danjuma, Brooks & Solanke.

Subs – Smith, Cook (S), Lerma, Kilkenny, Stanislas, Wilson & Surridge

Starting XI - Travers, Stacey, S Cook, Mepham, Kelly, L Cook, Gosling, Stanislas, Brooks, Solanke & Surridge

Subs - Dennis, Smith, Rico, Billing, Danjuma, Arter & Taylor

Travers
Stacey Mepham Kelly Rico
Danjuma L.Cook Lerma Stanislas
Solanke Surridge

Subs: Begovic, Wilson, S Cook, Smith, Billing, Ofoborh, Brooks

Encouraging amount of good players in those line ups....just got to get them blended and motivated and who knows....

Travers
Stacey Mepham Kelly Rico
Danjuma Kilkenny Lerma Brooks
Solankie Surridge

Subs
Dennis Smith S Cook Gosling Ofoborh Taylor Wilson

;