Big club bias

It's a good point . We're rightly complaining about the decisions that went against us yesterday yet had Kerkez not hit the bar, Sinisterra and Outtara dragged shots wide of the post then we would have been out of sight by half time. Not clinical enough by far so actually, regardless of the dodgy decisions, we can really only blame ourselves for not beating a very , very poor Manchester United side
By now we should realise that you need a two or three goal lead against such teams to have a fighting chance of ending the game with all three points, just like we managed at theirs. If we'd been two goals further ahead, the ref and VAR wouldn't have had enough opportunities to massage the result. By only having a one goal lead, that's always on the cards and rarely fails to happen ( mysteriously ! :unsure:)

But, to conclude :

We are absolutely wonderful to watch.
Everyone out there gave it their all ( despite safety already achieved ).
We dominated Man U once again.

We thoroughly deserved to win that game but those wasted chances in the first half meant that Man U's 12th and 13th man could unfortunately still influence the result.

But screw that. We are playing some fantastic stuff and hopefully next season we can be more ruthless in front of goal and start really getting the results our effort and play deserve.

:utc:

One thing that occurred to me last night is that he did give a pen against Man U in the closing moments. How do we explain that in the context of big club bias? He took his time, but I can't imagine that anyone would be quick enough to think "I'll call it, it will appease the great unwashed, but then it will get overturned by VAR". Fair dues, it took onions for him to make that call.
If we don't get an apology I presume he will now be suspended after his "clear and obvious error" in awarding us a penalty.

By now we should realise that you need a two or three goal lead against such teams to have a fighting chance of ending the game with all three points, just like we managed at theirs. If we'd been two goals further ahead, the ref and VAR wouldn't have had enough opportunities to massage the result. By only having a one goal lead, that's always on the cards and rarely fails to happen ( mysteriously ! :unsure:)

But, to conclude :

We are absolutely wonderful to watch.
Everyone out there gave it their all ( despite safety already achieved ).
We dominated Man U once again.

We thoroughly deserved to win that game but those wasted chances in the first half meant that Man U's 12th and 13th man could unfortunately still influence the result.

But screw that. We are playing some fantastic stuff and hopefully next season we can be more ruthless in front of goal and start really getting the results our effort and play deserve.

:utc:
Great summary. Officiating aside there is still plenty to build on and more to come from this group of players you feel. All this despite what could still be our most successful ever season in the PL and a brand of football that's exciting to watch.

If we don't get an apology I presume he will now be suspended after his "clear and obvious error" in awarding us a penalty.
We can take the conspiracy stuff to a new level .... VAR tells him "call it, mate, I'll reverse it and all will be well in Manchester".

Ref just not given Liverpool a penalty they wanted.

Probably have Klopp in his face now if the score stays 1-0.

It's a good point . We're rightly complaining about the decisions that went against us yesterday yet had Kerkez not hit the bar, Sinisterra and Outtara dragged shots wide of the post then we would have been out of sight by half time. Not clinical enough by far so actually, regardless of the dodgy decisions, we can really only blame ourselves for not beating a very , very poor Manchester United side
And Kluivert had the best chance of the lot. Yes, it was a good save, but he should have buried it.

The harsh realities of being a member of this cartel were there for all to see today. If those two incidents are reversed then I am 100% certain that they still end up with a penalty and we not.

FFP, the officiating, it’s all set up to maintain the status quo. You saw it in the Forest against Liverpool game too, along with countless others. It feels strange to feel deflated after such a positive performance but there you go.

The big media outlets will constantly tell you about how this is the best league in the world, it’s propaganda pure and simple. It’s the league with the most money in it, that’s it. I find myself self in the weird position whereby I want my team to be as successful as possible but at the same time I don’t like us being associated with this ‘competition.’ Can’t wait for the training ground and stadium to be built so that we have no financial need to be here anymore…
Waz, have you checked the rules regarding penalties.

More hyperbole now you've retired the RealityandRealism account?

'If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick'

That's the ONLY offence that starts outside the box, and continues into the penalty area where a penalty can be awarded.

A lunge a knock, or a foul that occurs outside the area on initial contact, that continues into the area is a direct free kick and not a penalty.

So what are the rules then SDD.

We know you're a secret ref deep down.

Show me the rules, show me where I'm wrong.

If we had taken our chances and been out of sight by half-time, for some people it would have been because "United were utter dog-shite". When we win by the odd goal it's a case of "If they'd taken those early chances, We'd have lost that". It's human nature, some of us "hope for the best", some of us "fear the worst" : )

I think we know what camp I'm in. My view is still, the refs cost us two points. It wasn't an inconsistent performance, all the big decisions went one way, consistently. Our slightly makeshift team beat theirs, in all but the most important thing, goals. Leaves us "Hoping for the best", them "fearing the worst" : )

'If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick'

That's the ONLY offence that starts outside the box, and continues into the penalty area where a penalty can be awarded.

A lunge a knock, or a foul that occurs outside the area on initial contact, that continues into the area is a direct free kick and not a penalty.

So what are the rules then SDD.

We know you're a secret ref deep down.

Show me the rules, show me where I'm wrong.

You got your little refs uniform on today too? Nice you've joined in with having an opinion. He's grabbed him as he's entering the box and it continued into the box. The rule is the one you quoted.

You got your little refs uniform on today too? Nice you've joined in with having an opinion. He's grabbed him as he's entering the box and it continued into the box. The rule is the one you quoted.
Didn't grab him at all.

But fair play, you've just admitted that the only time a penalty can be awarded for an offence that starts outside the box and continues into it, is for holding.

X

;