Bill Foley

The US gun situation makes me beyond angry. But it also sums up 50% of america. That facts mean nothing. They simply dont care. A lot because they do not have the intelligence and many because they have their "team" on the right and it doesn't matter what the subject is, they always side with their team.

What makes me even angrier is that the "left" moan about the right all the time but even when they have had the president and both houses they literally do nothing about it. What did Obama and Biden do? They can moan about the reps all day but they did nothing when they had the power to do so.

I have to walk away from conversations with gun nuts and accept the ultimate truth about the NRA supporters....given the choice between ending weekly school shootings and their right to own guns....they choose to own the guns. They accept it as part of ownership. Lots of smoke and mirrors and thoughts and prayers but that is the truth at the end of the day.

Yes Biden held both houses, while a simple majority is enough in the house of reps, in the senate bills often need to cross a 60 vote threshold. Biden had a 50/50 senate with the VP making the deciding vote. Let's also remember, they did pass some gun legislation getting to the 60 vote threshold in 2022, getting 15 repubs to vote was quite an accomplishment. It was after Ulvade I believe.

These are the gun control laws passed in 2022 | CNN

A dem president is unlikely to get much of his legislative agenda accomplished without having 60 dems in the senate.

Yes Biden held both houses, while a simple majority is enough in the house of reps, in the senate bills often need to cross a 60 vote threshold. Biden had a 50/50 senate with the VP making the deciding vote. Let's also remember, they did pass some gun legislation getting to the 60 vote threshold, getting 15 repubs to vote was quite an accomplishment. It was after Ulvade I believe.

These are the gun control laws passed in 2022 | CNN

A dem president is unlikely to get much of his legislative agenda accomplished without having 60 dems in the senate.

Plenty of dems also live in pro gun areas and many dems I know are all pro gun and own many.

Plenty of dems also live in pro gun areas and many dems I know are all pro gun and own many.
Right, and we saw a couple of dems voting against the party on issues (see sinema and manchin). There are always going to be parties within parties that actually (and honorably) vote in favor of the interests of the state rather than the party - how it should be?

Right, and we saw a couple of dems voting against the party on issues (see sinema and manchin). There are always going to be parties within parties that actually (and honorably) vote in favor of the interests of the state rather than the party - how it should be?

I wish the states were left alone by the federal gov. School shooting aside Gun deaths/crime goes hand in hand with drugs here and no one seems to know or care how to solve the problem

Can I ask a very basic question?

What does the current gun law in the USA have to do with Bill Foley?

Because excuse my ignorance, but this is a thread about the current AFCB owner.

Edited to add, I hadn’t seen Adams post..
Calling the LV Eagles club shop The Arsenal might have something to do with it

I can't get too excited about school shootings in America. Americans apparently want the gun laws they have and are clearly willing to put up with a load of kids dying each year into the bargain. Their problem not mine.

Fact check. The Blaze is an extreme, right-wing, so-called "news" website.

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: Right
Factual Reporting: Mixed
Credibility Rating: Low credibility

Just saying.
Gee .............. biased media ........... who would have thought that was a thing.

It is all rooted in bias of one shape or another. You think CNN doesn't promulgate propaganda and failed fact checks?

(Why the heck is it that Bill Foley can't hold the Forum's attention??)

Living In the states everyone knows the various news channels push propaganda to suit whatever side they fall on. Goebbels would be very impressed. What is scary is the amount of people that believe it and u you can see many posters on here fall in to that category

Living In the states everyone knows the various news channels push propaganda to suit whatever side they fall on. Goebbels would be very impressed. What is scary is the amount of people that believe it and u you can see many posters on here fall in to that category
I get both Fox News and CNN in my cable package. Media viewing is nothing about facts - either side. It's about putting out what people want to hear - either side.
'Nuff for me on that topic this morning ........ Queen's NA tour goes on sale in just over an hour!!

No, Del, but I am suggesting that if someone breaks into your home with a gun, you might be well advised to have one to defend yourself.

You've got to ask yourself why a gunman is breaking into your home with a gun.

If they're after 'stuff' to buy drugs or whatever, then why risk your life? Stuff can be replaced. If it's that important get insurance. Having a gun just increases the probability they will use theirs. If they've broken into your home they're most likely desperate and not in the best mental state so why show them you're a threat?

On the very low % probability it's for any other reason I'd rather a gunman just shot me dead than live in a state of constant vigilance/ paranoia for the rest of my life. Mental freedom is too important.

;