Bill Foley

All sounds positive, although I was secretly hoping for something a little more concrete in terms of the training facility and time scales. I wonder how much work there is to do after the indoor pitch is ready?

Lots of talk with Jim Frevola focussing on sponsorship and ticketing.

More food service and hospitality inside the ground.

All the rusty poles are going to be painted red and black.

Indoor training pitch will be finished September/October. Aiming to be cat 2 in May.

Women will also move to the training facility and have their own pitch and some of the women will turn pro.

Thanks for the feedback and link. :grinning:

All sounds positive, although I was secretly hoping for something a little more concrete in terms of the training facility and time scales. I wonder how much work there is to do after the indoor pitch is ready?
Very surprised the club have not put a few pics up on the website re the progress of the training complex

I suppose one improvement is the new entry system as you enter with ST or ticket.

This bit
  • Installed a President of Business Operations as well as experienced partnership and ticketing professionals with a long track record of successful revenue generation in professional sports, including organizations in the NFL, NHL, MLB, collegiate athletics, and the UFC

Nice article thanks. While I agree with pretty much everything positive written it doesn't sit well with me reading it from an official source.

Also sounds like GON is here for the long haul
“I hope Gary is around for a long time, he’s the right kind of guy, he’s the type of coach that I really like, that I get on with."

(With caveats)

Cannae Holdings is Bill Foley’s investment vehicle, and owns 50% of AFCB through Black Knight Football & Entertainment LLP. Bill owns most of the remainder personally, plus there are a few minority investors like Michael B Douglas.

Cannae’s liquidity report, posted yesterday, see below, shows a commitment to invest a further $40 million in Q3 2023, implying a likely matching contribution from Bill himself. It doesn’t say what it is for. Might be the training complex, transfer/wages budget, Lorient or a further acquisition in Belgium, or something else. Whatever its purpose, there is further capital incoming.

1C824E0A-C80C-4A04-BDD9-770E7BB33E81.png

Last edited:
Just got around to reading through the Foley interview on COWS
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/features/the-big-interview-bill-foley/

Points of interest that stood out to me:

Jim Frevola overseeing some sort of internal staffing restructure by the sounds.

Further work to the stadium this summer: catering changes, and it sounds like maintenance to the cantilever struts (?) - which suggests we're staying put for the foreseeable years.

Commitment to the training ground, commitment to Category 2 academy status, good to hear.

A significant 'shout out' to Gary O'Neil - strongly suggests his position is secured, so my and other's questions about whether he is still a caretaker should be put to bed. Seems to me like that's slipped by us on here rather quietly?

Cannae Holdings is Bill Foley’s investment vehicle, and owns 50% of AFCB through Black Knight Football & Entertainment LLP. Bill owes most of the remainder personally, plus there are a few minority investors like Michael B Douglas.

Cannae’s liquidity report, posted yesterday, see below, shows a commitment to invest a further $40 million in Q3 2023, implying a likely matching contribution from Bill himself. It doesn’t say what it is for. Might be the training complex, transfer/wages budget, Lorient or a further acquisition in Belgium, or something else. Whatever its purpose, there is further capital incoming.

View attachment 10662
Michael B Douglas?

I believe it’s been stated before that the training ground is being funded via a loan?

The Belgian club looks like it’ll cost one Jordan Ibe so also doubt that is what the investment is required for.

Just got around to reading through the Foley interview on COWS
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/features/the-big-interview-bill-foley/

Further work to the stadium this summer: catering changes, and it sounds like maintenance to the cantilever struts (?) - which suggests we're staying put for the foreseeable years.

I think staying at DC for foreseeable years will happen regardless... Even if we were to flick the Vs to SD and rebuild, it will be 4/5 years minimum I would have thought... No point in letting DC get run down in that time as the facade of DC is the first thing anyone visiting sees... and on how the club portrays itself...

In the grand scheme of things, keeping it tidy is financially negligible. I want to hear news of the Ted shed being increased in size... But I wonder if that would effect our away allocation situation...?

I think staying at DC for foreseeable years will happen regardless... Even if we were to flick the Vs to SD and rebuild, it will be 4/5 years minimum I would have thought... No point in letting DC get run down in that time as the facade of DC is the first thing anyone visiting sees... and on how the club portrays itself...

In the grand scheme of things, keeping it tidy is financially negligible. I want to hear news of the Ted shed being increased in size... But I wonder if that would effect our away allocation situation...?

There's also likely to be a repair clause in the lease that requires it to be handed back in reasonable condition on expiry. The landlord is likely to claim for dilapidations at that point so it's prudent to keep it in a decent state of repair anyway.

;