Bill Foley

Yes. The press also stated it was a Black Knight decision and not Hughes and Blake which was in several papers. Foley owned the whole thing on media as well which probably tells you everything you need to know.

Foley tells us what we need to know. His decision based on B&H recommendations just like when O'Neil got the job as many of us suggested at the time.

That’s a difficult one as I’m not sure a chocolate bar constitutes a true dessert but I’m sure the experts on here can discuss it for another 20-30 pages
I think a dessert requires a spoon or a fork or something. Otherwise it's a snack

Foley tells us what we need to know. His decision based on B&H recommendations just like when O'Neil got the job as many of us suggested at the time.
Again too black and white. You are missing out the scenario which is actually the one the evidence suggests is the most likely. Bill deciding he didn’t want to invest behind inexperience especially after the drab ending to the season. Asked Hughes who’d he been looking at last time and their availability then said good do it. Hughes fought GON’s corner and said it felt wrong and he said that he would own it.

Again too black and white. You are missing out the scenario which is actually the one the evidence suggests is the most likely. Bill deciding he didn’t want to invest behind inexperience especially after the drab ending to the season. Asked Hughes who’d he been looking at last time and their availability then said good do it. Hughes fought GON’s corner and said it felt wrong and he said that he would own it.

So what? All managerial decisions are ultimately the owner's. Hughes' job is to come up with recommendations, which he clearly did. Good ones by the looks of it.

Although back in Jan we were told by journalists that Hughes recommended getting an external appointment.

Perhaps didn't happen as the right man wasn't available/wouldn't join back then for reasons I mentioned in another post. So rather than install a lukewarm candidate thst wasn't perhaps the right person, we played safe and decided to take our chances on GON, before revisiting thus summer.

What did Highes say about GON being removed? Struggling to believe he said it was the wrong/bad decision. More demonstrating empathy, in terms of it being harsh ?

Although back in Jan we were told by journalists that Hughes recommended getting an external appointment.

Perhaps didn't happen as the right man wasn't available/wouldn't join back then for reasons I mentioned in another post. So rather than install a lukewarm candidate thst wasn't perhaps the right person, we played safe and decided to take our chances on GON, before revisiting thus summer.

What did Highes say about GON being removed? Struggling to believe he said it was the wrong/bad decision. More demonstrating empathy, in terms of it being harsh ?
Bill said it was a unanimous decision

What about the part where Bill said "everyone went away to think about it and it was unanimous"?

;