Billing’s Performance

He is a crazy footballer. He looks a world beater one minute Sunday League the next. Ultimately he needs to produce match winning moments if he wants to end up being the next Jordon Ibe.
A typical African player, you saw it all the time in AFCON. Lots of skill but no end result.

No problem with Billing taking the left footed in-swinger corners; he takes free kicks from those positions too. Tavernier took over once he came on anyway. Again though, if you’re going to criticise him for his headers, why would you even want him in the middle for corners? If he’s got a good delivery and technique, then it makes sense to have him taking them, surely?

Well Leicester's "typical African player", who's from just down the road from Dango, stuck it in the top corner and won them the game so I'm not so sure how good this stereotype is tbh.
Dango can do that too, its the rest of his game, running into dead ends that is what I am talking about.

It’s not difficult to have the best passing accuracy stats when you only play simple passes and want to get rid of the ball.

His performance felt like that. But not in a Surman keeping the ball ticking kind of way.

This is where the stats don’t paint the best picture. I’m sure there will be a distance covered metric and he’d be right up there. But sprints at speed in comparison to the others who are trying to press? I can’t imagine he’s up there.

It’s not surprising that Scott is also being moaned about for his performance, he was playing alongside Billing and with a disjointed press it makes things very difficult for those around you.
So you blame Billing for Scotts performance?

Think people are reading too much into Billings comments about enjoying time off.

Don't think he meant he doesn't care and was just doing something like chilling on the couch playing video games eating pizza, or not motivated/doesn't give a damn as such.

Think it's just the way he talks and demeanour/style. As in been taking it easy, and making use of downtime to take stock/recharge etc get head right etc.(although didn't really demonstrate he was really).

His comments about 'may have got into the QF......or something like that' really grated.

The club has rarely even got into the QF, so he should have known the importance of the clubs history, and the importance to the fans.

He certainly isn't the reason we lost, but a don't really know, don't really care, not too fazed attitude doesn't sit well.

If Eddie and Newcastle want him they are more than welcome.

Really can't believe the rumours though, as he's done the square root of fck all to warrant a move to a larger club.

Lackadaisical attitudes tend not to get you onside with the fans.

See Smithy is still able to play week in week out and give it his all, rarely puts a foot wrong technically, may get done for pace and make some rash decisions, but there are a number of players who should look towards Smith, in how to appear in a Bournemouth shirt.

He played a decent match given how little he has participated lately.

Going from playing nearly nothing to a full 120 minutes is not easy and not something that most players can do.

Frustrating that we only had 48 hours between games, especially after such an effort against City.

Can’t be oblivious to how big of a factor that was on the lineup that Iraola had to pick and on the form of the players.

So you blame Billing for Scotts performance?

That’s not what I said is it?

It’s not surprising that Scott is also being moaned about for his performance, he was playing alongside Billing and with a disjointed press it makes things very difficult for those around you.

Both Scott and Billing have been moaned about due to a disjointed press, they’re supposed to work as a unit, if one cog doesn't work in Iraola’s system it all grinds to a hault.

If Billing is at fault for something it puts Scott on the backfoot, if Scott is then struggling it puts Billing off kilter and it spirals.

;