Bloke on the Tannoy last night.

redharry

UTC Legend
What a ****************.
Screaming out the result last night at the end of the game - we know we f-cking lost, you don't have to tell us.
I also don't want to hear "Congratulations to our opponents" at the end of the game. He pissed me right off. Needs a big word in his ear or preferably kick him out.
Its bad enough losing to them we don't need it rubbed in.

What a ****************.
Screaming out the result last night at the end of the game - we know we f-cking lost, you don't have to tell us.
I also don't want to hear "Congratulations to our opponents" at the end of the game. He pissed me right off. Needs a big word in his ear or preferably kick him out.
Its bad enough losing to them we don't need it rubbed in.
If only he'd called them Seaweed, we'd have all loved him. A tannoy announcer at Ipswich got the sack a few years back when reading out the half time scores he said Scum instead of Norwich. He was very popular in the ground.

Bristol Rovers used to have an announcer called Keith Valley. During a derby against City he read through their team, which included Junior Bent as substitute. He announced "And the substitute is Bent, and he probably is" - not surprisingly he was sacked for this.

Most things he said were rubbing me up the wrong way. It sounded very much like he was playing to a US TV audience. Referring to CBS's cherries top as a jersey (aagh!)...and, "welcome to the arena". And at the very end it was "thank you for joining us".

Reality is Botto is a class act so hard to replace. Lots of small things make him Perfect for us - small little things like leaving fraser’s name last on the list or when a fan from Leeds fell over mentioned dirty leeds or local based fan supporting the opposition he says safe journey back etc makes me smile.

Reality is Botto is a class act so hard to replace. Lots of small things make him Perfect for us - small little things like leaving fraser’s name last on the list or when a fan from Leeds fell over mentioned dirty leeds or local based fan supporting the opposition he says safe journey back etc makes me smile.

Goes to show that you need to be a proper football fan to understand how it's done. Have a laugh but don't go ott, don't address the crowd like they are a bunch of kids you are there to entertain, don't be too enthusiastic about anything and definitely don't have a positive tone in your voice when announcing an opposition goal or bad result. Depressed monotone all the way for those announcements.

Botto is great. My favourite quip of his was when we played Boro in a lunchtime kick off that Sky had ridiculously picked. They had this Boro fan step up to do the crossbar challenge at HT with some garish designer jeans on. Botto asked him if he'd travelled all the way down that morning to which the guy said yes then Botto says, "silly question really, I can see you got dressed in the dark".

Goes to show that you need to be a proper football fan to understand how it's done. Have a laugh but don't go ott, don't address the crowd like they are a bunch of kids you are there to entertain, don't be too enthusiastic about anything and definitely don't have a positive tone in your voice when announcing an opposition goal or bad result. Depressed monotone all the way for those announcements.

Botto is great. My favourite quip of his was when we played Boro in a lunchtime kick off that Sky had ridiculously picked. They had this Boro fan step up to do the crossbar challenge at HT with some garish designer jeans on. Botto asked him if he'd travelled all the way down that morning to which the guy said yes then Botto says, "silly question really, I can see you got dressed in the dark".
Classic humour

Used to like the announcer we had who moved to France.

Forgotten his name but believe he was also on some radio programmes as a DJ.

;