Boric

Had a 5 min meltdown where he seemed determined to pass our defenders into trouble. But otherwise did what he had to do. Blood pressure could do without that crazy period though!

Boruc kept us in the game at a vital time, he has had enough criticism in the past, so when he is performing like he has this season he deserves the praise as well.

As being at the end of the line, any errors and they are remembered, especially if they lead to the ball ending up in our net.

northstandmark - 10/9/2016 20:13

Had a 5 min meltdown where he seemed determined to pass our defenders into trouble. But otherwise did what he had to do. Blood pressure could do without that crazy period though!

Eh? Did I miss something on the stream? I recall one pass that Francis failed to control, but wasn't sure whether the pass was poor or Francis' control. Don't recall anything else though. And the save from the corner was absolutely world class, (Peter) Schmeichel-esque.

Very good game not just today but the season to date. A couple of kicks were a bit too close for comfort but that is a risk with our game of passing out from the back.

Artur Boruc seems a lot happier this season. Even joined the celebrations after the game whilst blowing kisses to someone in the main stand.

Player of the season so far.

afcb.czech - 10/9/2016 20:46

northstandmark - 10/9/2016 20:13

Eh? Did I miss something on the stream? I recall one pass that Francis failed to control, but wasn't sure whether the pass was poor or Francis' control. Don't recall anything else though. And the save from the corner was absolutely world class, (Peter) Schmeichel-esque.

That save was at the far end so I didn't have the best view, but it certainly looked pretty spectacular. There was another solid stop at the near post again at that end which sticks in the memory.

There were a 2-3 of those throws/passes in quick succession which were ill judged from Artur as well as perhaps not dealt with as well as could be by the defenders receiving. We were so keen to get up the pitch fast because it was perhaps the first time all game that WBA had shown some ambition, so I can understand Boruc's enthusiasm, but they were a huge risk, that thankfully didn't amount to much. If a goal results, everyone forgets the top class saves. Such is the life of a keeper I guess.

afcdibby - 10/9/2016 21:19

Artur Boruc seems a lot happier this season. Even joined the celebrations after the game whilst blowing kisses to someone in the main stand.

Player of the season so far.

it was probably badkeeper :naughty:

I've been his biggest critic, but he's been a changed man this season. He's coming for, and holding crosses. He's making the right decision when and when not to come out and he's making the saves. Humble pie has been taken.

Just watched the highlights on MOTD, it was the Artur Boruc Show! Some fantastic saves to keep us in the game second half when they had their best period. World class keeping from Artur, esp that double save he made. 1-0 to WBA at that point and suddenly it's a different game

badkeeper - 11/9/2016 04:16

Mam w dupie wasz angielski. .You making fun of my English but cant spell the name of your best player.

I do find it very amusing how a few on here are so quick to criticize the non-perfect English of non-native speakers. I doubt anyone on this message board speaks 2 languages perfectly, and I bet the majority can't even speak a second language, so it's a little rich of them to criticize.

Polish is a little like Czech in the way the language is formulated. Both are totally different to English. You can't literally translate one to the other, so what feels a natural thing to say for a Polish person is not necessarily natural for an English person.

I speak with a lot of Polish people here, and would say your written English is pretty good.

has badkeeper been taking english lessons gotta be said his english has certainly improved since he first appeared

With grammar and lack of punctuation like that, maybe he could give you a few lessons!

afcb.czech - 11/9/2016 09:08

badkeeper - 11/9/2016 04:16

Mam w dupie wasz angielski. .You making fun of my English but cant spell the name of your best player.

I do find it very amusing how a few on here are so quick to criticize the non-perfect English of non-native speakers. I doubt anyone on this message board speaks 2 languages perfectly, and I bet the majority can't even speak a second language, so it's a little rich of them to criticize.

Polish is a little like Czech in the way the language is formulated. Both are totally different to English. You can't literally translate one to the other, so what feels a natural thing to say for a Polish person is not necessarily natural for an English person.

I speak with a lot of Polish people here, and would say your written English is pretty good.

Most of us on here inc myself find it hard to master english let alone 2 or more languages !!

;