Boro sack Karanka!

4 League wins. Not sure I like that news most teams get a new manager bump but is their squad good enough to maintain a run to stay up?

What went wrong for them? We weren't particularly bad up at theirs, they played like an adept mid-table team. I actually felt they'd finish above us at that point.

Def_II_Royalz - 16/3/2017 07:58

What went wrong for them? We weren't particularly bad up at theirs, they played like an adept mid-table team. I actually felt they'd finish above us at that point.
too conservative. Playing not to lose. Also I believe there were player/manager fallout i.e. Lost the dressing room.

My prediction that I put on here last week after Alex Neil was sacked - that he would be Middlesbrough manager within a week! Still possible!

19 goals scored in 27 league games. By far the worst record of the 92 clubs this season.

Scoring goals always a problem under Karanka.

Didn't they have to score 19 goals or something similar on the last day of the season to stop us going up from the Championship if we had lost at Charlton.

Karanka can't get on with any of his players. Lee Tomlin had a massive fall out with him, although Eddie should have seen that coming and not signed him.

Maybe his players can't understand what he is saying. I certainly can't when he comes on MOTD.

One of my favourite tweets ever, just after the Bolton win

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/592789244357255168?lang=en-gb

It's a shame. I was hoping to sing a song about him when we play them. If only I could think of a word that rhymes with Karanka.

The Flying Picket - 16/3/2017 13:26

19 goals scored in 27 league games. By far the worst record of the 92 clubs this season.

Didn't they have to score 19 goals or something similar on the last day of the season to stop us going up from the Championship if we had lost at Charlton.

Karanka can't get on with any of his players. Lee Tomlin had a massive fall out with him, although Eddie should have seen that coming and not signed him.

Maybe his players can't understand what he is saying. I certainly can't when he comes on MOTD.

Only scored 19, but we have let in 24 more than them, albeit scoring 21 more, we have let in 54 goals so far joint bottom with Hull!

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/afc-bournemouth/2016-2017/table

Just seen Swansea has let in 61, so we're not bottom then. :hihi:

tucktoncherry - 16/3/2017 18:24

The Flying Picket - 16/3/2017 13:26

Only scored 19, but we have let in 24 more than them, albeit scoring 21 more, we have let in 54 goals so far joint bottom with Hull!

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/afc-bournemouth/2016-2017/table

Just seen Swansea has let in 61, so we're not bottom then. :hihi:

This was always be his biggest problem though. Attritional football will only be accepted by fans when it gets results. If you go down all guns blazing supporters may want to carry on backing the manager as a) he might get them back up and b) if he doesn't, it'll still be fun to watch.

Who wants to watch dirge every week which doesn't even get a result at the end of it?

;