BOTW Returns...

SamDavis

Reserves
OK, not really... Just wanted to get those four letters out of the way before someone else mentions it!

I have not really used this forum in recent years, but I am finding myself checking in increasingly in order to try to gauge opinion on things on and off the pitch. I'm a frequent user of Twitter but it has it's own bubble, as I'm sure this place does. Regardless, I'll be trying to represent opinion in the Back of the Net podcast, which has returned this season. Sean Barker is also going to be involved.

Episode 53 dropped last night, and isn't perfect, but we're trying to fill the Cherry void with some *relatively* learned AFCB chat. Constructive criticism and early thoughts always is appreciated, plus if you feel as though you can add something by turning your words on the forum into audio behind the mic, then I'd love to get anyone involved who feels as though they can spare a bit of time every so often! Aiming to take a collaborative approach and make it easy for anyone to be heard.

Website is afcbpodcast.com and you should be able to find it on most podcast apps if you search "Back of the Net Bournemouth". Appreciate you reading this blatant plug!!

PS: Latest episode is called "My God That Guy Is Talented" - will leave you to wonder who we're talking about. Clue: It's not Lys Mousset.

In the meantime, I just found a chat transcript from when when Trevor Watkins appeared in the Boscombe on the Web live chat on a Sunday night almost 20 years ago... anyone remember that?? Think T.W.O. was banned about 73 times in the space of two hours. Happy days....!

Hmmm, so the other guys who dropped a podcast this morning were completely separate, as that really confused me. A bunch of guys who support other clubs talking about Bournemouth a little bit. Though they were using the same image as your new avatar there

I heard the other podcast this morning, well, the first part of it anyway. Don't know any of them personally but wish them all the best with it. Sounds like they're London based, and not all AFCB fans :unsure:, however always interesting to hear another view and any new content is welcomed by me!

Hi David! He's still about, although busy with family life and not as online as much as he used to be. Saw him at one of the last games of the season and he seemed very well!
That's good to know. Remember you two guys very well from the early days of the internet, must have been the 90s ?

I still sing "do you remember!" quite often to my partner. One of the few things I do that makes her laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to have "Back of the Net " back!

Listened to the other one yesterday "Up The Cherries Podcast"...thought it was enjoyable, although its going to be monthly.

That's good to know. Remember you two guys very well from the early days of the internet, must have been the 90s ?
It was! We started the website in 1999 I think, when we drew 3-3 at Reading (Mark Stein last minute equaliser), then came the Rivals phase, and then I decided to call it a day and create BOTW elsewhere. The original site then became RednBlack.net.

Great to have "Back of the Net " back!

Listened to the other one yesterday "Up The Cherries Podcast"...thought it was enjoyable, although its going to be monthly.
I've had a listen and they've done a good job with it. Those kind of chats around a table always work a lot better than Skype chats like I'm doing at the moment, although the way we merge audio means you wouldn't necessarily know it - apart from the bit where he says he's in Brighton and I say I'm in Bournemouth :p

There's a lot of my voice on this pod so it sounds *slightly* over-indulgent but I had a lot of information to convey. Next time will be hopefully sound a bit more closer to how we want it!

It was! We started the website in 1999 I think, when we drew 3-3 at Reading (Mark Stein last minute equaliser), then came the Rivals phase, and then I decided to call it a day and create BOTW elsewhere. The original site then became RednBlack.net.

Your memory fails you a little. I was still at uni when I found the freeserve version of botw and I graduated in '98.

That means I've been posting on AFCB forums for 21 years. Scary.

Your memory fails you a little. I was still at uni when I found the freeserve version of botw and I graduated in '98.

That means I've been posting on AFCB forums for 21 years. Scary.
Was it 1998?! I thought it 1999 because we definitely didn't cover Wembley. We were active on Ray Brown's mailing list, I know that... and then the Topica one which formed soon after - but then yep, I think I managed to get a copy of Frontpage from the front page CD-ROM of a computer magazine and somehow, it all came together.

Sam....good to have the podcast back....looking forward to having a listen a bit later :) I did send a message asking why you've appeared to have blocked me on Twitter! Maybe I shouldn't know!

Sam....good to have the podcast back....looking forward to having a listen a bit later :) I did send a message asking why you've appeared to have blocked me on Twitter! Maybe I shouldn't know!
Not using Twitter personal account anymore. It can be a fun sapping place with the constant political infighting. Ditched it about two weeks ago and cannot say I miss it, but I am running the AFCB Podcast account - so still relatively active in an AFCB sense.

Not using Twitter personal account anymore. It can be a fun sapping place with the constant political infighting. Ditched it about two weeks ago and cannot say I miss it, but I am running the AFCB Podcast account - so still relatively active in an AFCB sense.

Ah, fair play then!

;