Brad Smith

As far as line ups v Sheff Utd.....we might as well be talking about Brad Pitt or Brad Walsh.....or Lady Gaga at Centre Back !
Have I 'lost it' somewhere along the Ride..... Do I concentrate too much on what is the current Cherries Scene ?
I dont 'Get' stuff........innit?

Oh dear.......' Kin save me.... Batman!

Bill.....

In the nicest possible way....

I'm not entirely convinced you ever had it!! :)

Any team anywhere, anytime can give any other team a hard game, a hard time...
50% of it is about Mentality....on a day, assuming the whole team adopts that mentality.......we see this in all leagues most of the time !

I would suspect LAFC and Atlanta would avoid relegation in the prem league.
I just watched the Atlanta v LA Galaxy game. There is no doubt Atlanta have some very talented players, some of which could eventually adapt to the EPL. If it were somehow possible to play away to Atlanta in the FA Cup, they would be a handful for most sides. AFCB would almost certainly lose.

However, over a 38 game season, there is simply no way they have enough experience in their squad of playing high quality opponents to compete in the PL. Within a few years, and with good coaching, they could reach that standard. Unfortunately by that point they’d already be in the Championship.

The viewing of MLS teams is skewed because of the wage structure. Being allowed one or two superstars on crazy money, fools a lot of folk into thinking that the standard is higher than it is, when really ask if does is flatter the super star as there's no ability elsewhere to challenge them

The viewing of MLS teams is skewed because of the wage structure. Being allowed one or two superstars on crazy money, fools a lot of folk into thinking that the standard is higher than it is, when really ask if does is flatter the super star as there's no ability elsewhere to challenge them

Indeed and the addition of expansion clubs spreaded the pool of players too thin and the average quality dropped further.

Watched Seattle play Salt Lake in the playoffs last night. For that level of football, he did quite well. Started the move that lead to the second goal. We might even get a fee for him!

Pretending that you care and want to know, The Coffee Grinders won 2-0.

I wonder whose knocking around in Liverpool reserves at the moment who is going to be the lucky recipient of 10% of a £30m fee from us
In January...;)

I have watched a couple of those play off games, and seen a few live while out there and the standard is pretty poor. Lower Championship or League 1 I reckon. Smith is doing O.K. but so he should.

I have watched a couple of those play off games, and seen a few live while out there and the standard is pretty poor. Lower Championship or League 1 I reckon. Smith is doing O.K. but so he should.

I think that you are just about right with your assessment of the standard, but it is a little worse from my point of view. American "soccer" lacks the nitty gritty, down to earth nature of second or third tier British football.

Also in MLS playoffs, Hyndman should be starting for Atlanta United tonight (way too late for you in England though). I've watched a bit of Atlanta and they're actually pretty good. I think they would do OK in the Championship.

I think that you are just about right with your assessment of the standard, but it is a little worse from my point of view. American "soccer" lacks the nitty gritty, down to earth nature of second or third tier British football.
Agree. I think its the sheer pace and intensity of football over here that would kill teams from many other parts of the world inc N America. Re the Championship - how many foreign sides would handle the 46 match league program with many midweek games. It would be a big shock for them

Could be heading back. Seems the MLS season is over. He helped Seattle Sounders win the MLS Cup Final last weekend and has headed to Australian squad where he has 20 caps. Next week back to Blighty til his contract expires June 2020.

3rd choice left back - or bench option on left side or half season loan to a Championship side ( or St Mary's maybe!)?

Well, playing MLS, he will be in great shape physically. Don't know how much better he will be playing against Premier League attackers.

3rd choice left back

Even with Daniels out for the season he still wouldn't be any more than fourth choice at left back behind Rico, Kelly and A Smith.

There's no possibility of him even getting cup minutes. He'll surely move on in January, either on a temporary or permanent basis.

Will probably get a bit of stick for this but I actually quite liked Brad as a player. He's a lot like Rico. He's quick and better in attack and has a good delivery.

It's a shame he never got a consistent run of games like Diego has this season to show whether he can do it.

It's clear he has talent otherwise he wouldn't have been in the Seattle side that won the league.

Will probably get a bit of stick for this but I actually quite liked Brad as a player. He's a lot like Rico. He's quick and better in attack and has a good delivery.

It's a shame he never got a consistent run of games like Diego has this season to show whether he can do it.

It's clear he has talent otherwise he wouldn't have been in the Seattle side that won the league.

Welcome back Brad. Good to see you on here pal! :grinning:

;