Brentford

strange re the defence as it was that side of the game that got you promoted.

Watford ground out wins quite often last season and I thought that defensive strength would keep you up this season. Approaching the half way mark though Watford conceded joint most with Norwich and only one better than Newcastle who are hopeless defensively.

admittedky just had a tough run but will be interesting to see if ranieri tighten things up at the back moving forward. Last night was a really bad result against a very weak Brentford team

This sums us up .

I think we were lucky at times last season too with poor finishing from other teams .

We certainly weren’t 10 points or whatever better off than you guys performance wise !

Attachments

• FB1D2CB8-FD3E-4B96-AF88-2F826F4D37C8.png
    FB1D2CB8-FD3E-4B96-AF88-2F826F4D37C8.png
    691.4 KB · Views: 26
This sums us up .

I think we were lucky at times last season too with poor finishing from other teams .

We certainly weren’t 10 points or whatever better off than you guys performance wise !

that is a startling set of stats re attack vs defence!

At least gives you a chance of picking up wins. Remember when Boro last went down their defensive record was pretty decent but couldn’t score so kept missing out on 3 points.

Honestly think the promoted three from last season will be the relegated three this season. Norwich are a given. Watford are a weird one. They have some very good attackers such as Dennis and Sarr but their midfield and defence is very poor, not enough quality throughout the team to survive imo. I’ve seen Brentford play a few times and they have generally looked poor, I think teams have worked out now that if you can find a way to deal with the long ball to Toney then you largely negate them.

Everyone talks about how bad Brentford are while they're currently in the top 10 teams in the country at near the hallway point.

Honestly think the promoted three from last season will be the relegated three this season. Norwich are a given. Watford are a weird one. They have some very good attackers such as Dennis and Sarr but their midfield and defence is very poor, not enough quality throughout the team to survive imo. I’ve seen Brentford play a few times and they have generally looked poor, I think teams have worked out now that if you can find a way to deal with the long ball to Toney then you largely negate them.

Is this like the Sheffield United thing in reverse?

I admire the bold prediction BTW but I wouldn't peg them for relegation if they were bottom of the league right now.

Can't think why we would want Brentford down..or Watford...or Burnley.
I'd like Leeds, Norwich and Saints dropping..or maybe Newcastle.

That is assuming we went up!

I guess the question is how much will Newcastle improve ?

Will they do so much that relegation won’t be an issue ?

Burnley always seem to get out of it !

I think ‘our’ Ed will probably turn things round to a degree at St James’ and keep them up relatively comfortably. Norwich and Watford both have new, good managers, a transfer window imminent and so could well go on an upward run. That leaves Burnley and potentially Leeds and Southampton, at least one of which I think will go down. Glad we’re not part of it really.

I also think the Geordies will survive. I'm looking at Norwich as definites but then there's a whole cluster who could go down. Southampton are in poor form, Watford who don't really seem to have reacted to the management change and Burnley who's style of football bubble will eventually burst. However, out of personal choice I'd love to see dirty Lids go down.

strange re the defence as it was that side of the game that got you promoted.

Watford ground out wins quite often last season and I thought that defensive strength would keep you up this season. Approaching the half way mark though Watford conceded joint most with Norwich and only one better than Newcastle who are hopeless defensively.

admittedky just had a tough run but will be interesting to see if ranieri tighten things up at the back moving forward. Last night was a really bad result against a very weak Brentford team
Arguably a much weaker Watford team though. They were without Foster, their two main centre backs and their left back and their most expensive summer signing as well as Sarr.

At least we're not the smallest club to have been in the PL anymore. To be fair to them they have done well to get there with the smart Moneyball budget and they have shown far more ambition than us with the new stadium even though I do think they have reached their ceiling with even 15k let alone 20k with 5 massive London clubs next to them they won't grow any further.

But we live in an area that has nearly 800k population come the next Census, bigger population than pl teams like Burnley, leicester, watford, norwich but we play in a shed not much bigger than Weymouth. I imagine our population percentage of match going fans is the lowest of all 92 league teams all because of the ground, some will use the empty seats at league games as an excuse but in reality it's not the fans fault or even the plastics as it's been a strict ST or ticket points priority for the last 6/7 years now and the club has clearly grown much further since then, I attended a few of the cup matches when we were in the PL and there was 7k new fans at each cup game. Yes any team who has success gains more casual fans it's part of the growth of a club but this area has the potential to be much more and the failings clearly lie with the board and owners in that regard and Eddie leaving because of this reason.
Arguably we are smaller than Brentford

Did anyone else hear a commentator say that after 57 minutes Nathan Ake had made more passes than the whole Brentford team combined?

Did anyone else hear a commentator say that after 57 minutes Nathan Ake had made more passes than the whole Brentford team combined?
I didn’t hear that. But he certainly had a lot of the ball, having said that his passes were generally short 5 yard ones.

The whole Brentford team combined could well go down if they're not careful.

If not this season, certainly next.

Adrenalin only gets you so far in the EPL

;