Brighton Atmosphere

james_AFCB

Star Player
Now I must say that in my visits to the AMEX I was very underwhelmed by the atmosphere, however I sort of just assumed that’s because for my 2 visits the aggregate score is 0-7.

However, it seems it is an issue for other games too, and so their supporters club has come up with a few suggestions….:oops:

6C016136-F0F5-4481-9871-0DCE352A5896.png

Now I must say that in my visits to the AMEX I was very underwhelmed by the atmosphere, however I sort of just assumed that’s because for my 2 visits the aggregate score is 0-7.

However, it seems it is an issue for other games too, and so their supporters club has come up with a few suggestions….:oops:

View attachment 6675

that's quite sad, tbf, atmosphere shouldn't have to be planned
however, if they had a proper home end, not a book shelf behind the goal, that would help

however, if they had a proper home end, not a book shelf behind the goal, that would help

Always thought it was weird why they have that relatively small stand behind the goal.

Gorgeous looking stadium otherwise.

View attachment 6675
Good Lord, is this for real.

About the only thing they've missed is the phrase "matchday experience"

Sadly reflects life in the prem.

It would be interesting to see how much of the atmosphere at Dean court is from non prem league era regulars - esp in the Ted Mac end. Like the team, think a few fresh faces has improved the crowd noise?

Wow, tell me that is a joke. Perhaps each supporter should be handed a neck collar that they need to put on as they enter the ground. At the right moment a man sat up in the stand can press a button and an electric shock will be delivered to the collars to remind them all to cheer :eek!:

When we were in the PL, I often walked away from other teams' corporate venues (aka grounds) thinking... DC ain't that bad after all... Yes it's small and temporary in places... Yes it's starting to look a bit tired and could use a lick of paint here and there, and some new seats but you know what... The parking's pretty good, you don't queue for hours to get out. You always see plenty of familiar faces around the place, and for all the moans and groans, the atmosphere is usually pretty good at home, and not manufactured...

It can be pretty flat (PNE 2 weeks ago), but when it's good, it's really good... Just think what we could do with a new Ted Shed and filled in corners...

You have hit the nail right on the head there NFC. It's the design of the stadium that's at fault at Brighton because of the limited number of seats behind the goals at each end. At nearly every ground that comes to mind, it is the mass of home fans behind one of the goals that create most of the atmosphere, most famously the Kop at Anfield.
Spurs recognised and celebrated this with that massive continuous bank of seats behind one goal in their new stadium forming the "home end".

Always thought there was a strong atmosphere at Goldstone, Withdean and the new dump - a strong stench of rotting seaweed and seagull sh.t.............................................

AMEX is overrated, lopsided Huddersfield stadium for me.

Stadium MK still the best new medium sized new stadium in the country - just shame it's not where the hockey stadium was.

;