Brighton report and MOM

DJ

Would anyone that went to the game like to have the pleasure of writing a report for our biggest away victory in the top flight of English football?

Also Brighton's worse ever defeat at the Amex
Brilliant day, great to see an emptying Amex so early. Great away supporters, a few beers afterwards and now a quick scan of NSC before MOTD. One thing bugs me though. However bad Infrastructure were we have the players for these sort of performances. So did they really switch off in their last couple of games ? Sorry to go all Cheerybright but if we are going to move forward next season we have to become a bit more ruthless and become a bit more consistent.

Brilliant day, great to see an emptying Amex so early. Great away supporters, a few beers afterwards and now a quick scan of NSC before MOTD. One thing bugs me though. However bad Infrastructure were we have the players for these sort of performances. So did they really switch off in their last couple of games ? Sorry to go all Cheerybright but if we are going to move forward next season we have to become a bit more ruthless and become a bit more consistent.

The mystery of Bournemouth ...but having said that if we got to have our worse performance of the season let it be against a team like Burnley if we can humble the like of infrastructure in their own back yard a week later .

Absolutely fecking gutted i missed it.
Appreciate thoughts and insight from the game.
Sounds like a few changes made all the difference

Work rate was a lot higher right from the start today. The attacking play was still rather disjointed until the opener. That goal changed everything and the confidence came flooding back.

So glad we chose to emulate AFC Bournemouth rather than Burnley or Watford today as some suggested we do! On our day, which isn’t as often as it could be, we are a delight to watch.

I think the conundrum for Eddie to solve is the consistency thing people talk about earlier in this thread.

The side that came up was ruthlessly efficient. Ritchie, Pugh Surman, Kermorgant etc you got the same week in week out. I can’t remember anyone in that first eleven having two bad games in a row and not many one offs either.

We now have more talented players, in my opinion, but the consistency has now gone. This makes the highs and lows more regular and more extreme. The old side wouldn’t have taken Chelsea apart but they wouldn’t have put in the Leicester and Burnley effort back to back either.

King, Ibe, Stan, Brooks, Mousset, Gosser, Clyne, Rico you just don’t know what you are going to get. I know two of those were in the side that came up but they rarely played. What they all are though are technically better and faster players than the ones they replaced.

I’m not sure how you train consistency... I think you sign it. Perhaps some of the inconsistent players will depart and more players arrive where you know what you will get.

;