Brighton splashing the cash

Their paper has the same hard done by tone as most of their fans. They are absolutely convinced that they are big time - it's just all of these cheaters that stop them from being in their rightful place at the top of the tree. Everyone else just thinks they are sh*t.

I only read first 2 and last 2 pages, but it seems they've forgotten about us already:-

"Norwich keep doing this, I hate them nearly as much as Palace."

:153:

"They don't even need to pay players with the infrastructure they've got. Players are only in it for the infrastructure and as we all know; Brighton's infrastructure is the best infrastructure there is. After training I think all of their players just sit there and look at their infrastructure for hours."

:hihi:

The Alchemist - 3/8/2016 13:55

RichGo - 3/8/2016 13:13

Seems they may miss out...

http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14658717.Albion_deal_for_Pritchard_hijacked_by_Norwich/?ref=twtrec

Hijacked by Norwich with an illegal approach (allegedly).

I hope they have evidence that it is an illegal approach or they might get Norwich's solicitor on the phone.

All this for a player who has stagnated and not worth £8million in the first place.

It is indeed hilarious.

Had it confirmed the approach was definitely not illegal - Norwich made contact late last week with Spurs.

Think the Argus are probably now awaiting a call from Spurs/Norwich legal advisers as we speak.

He'ss off to Nporwich for a medical.

Can it be illegal if nothing had been signed?

Brian Clough signed Ian Woan who Harry thought he had in the bag to sign for us, but Cloughie outbid him even though a deal had been agreed.

billythekid - 3/8/2016 18:46

Brian Clough signed Ian Woan who Harry thought he had in the bag to sign for us, but Cloughie outbid him even though a deal had been agreed.

As opposed to Harry who got a player (Mark Newson?) to take a signed contract from Barry Fry's drawer before heading down and signing on for us. I think the illegal approach line is around there somewhere.

It seems reading the Norwich paper, Norwich had been trying to sign Ross McCormack, but Villa have pipped them to the post.

Now Norwich have pipped Brighton to the post for Alex Pritchard, some you win, some you lose.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/tottenham_youngster_alex_pritchard_set_for_norwich_city_1_4642784

Gawd bless em .
Up to page 136 now .Obviously not going to read a lot of it but even on the last page a Brighton fan calls Norwich "an utterly tedious club with delusions of grandeure"

Comedy gold ,and always the first Championship result I look for .

I've just posted in my alias LU7 RED. Just couldn't help it. Some of the most patronising sour grapes Balls I've ever read on that thread.

Funny as generally found Brighton fans OK in the flesh.

Can't be long until they start scraping the barrel with why someone would want sign for a team that plays in yellow and has such a horrific 3rd kit. After all, their kits are the best in the championship and premier league ready.

Going to enjoy watching them have an anti-climax season once again as the league looks much tougher this season.

Pritchard has signed for Norwich - thread now up to 145 pages of joy !

Interesting that Brighton signed Norwood yesterday - after being constantly linked to us since late last season.

kirsikka - 3/8/2016 18:57

billythekid - 3/8/2016 18:46

As opposed to Harry who got a player (Mark Newson?) to take a signed contract from Barry Fry's drawer before heading down and signing on for us. I think the illegal approach line is around there somewhere.

As I understood it, someone at Maidstone tipped Harry off that Mark Newson's contract had never been signed, and that he was a free agent.

Bazza Fry wasn't happy! I think it went (apparently)

'Redknapp! You're taking bloody liberties now! I'm going to send a some blokes down the M3 and do your kneecaps!' -allegedly that's what he said down the phone!

They are complete melons on NSC, that place is nuts.

If a player ever read it they'd never go to Brighton, not even as part of a visiting away team!

AFCB Lost in Brum - 4/8/2016 14:29

They are complete melons on NSC, that place is nuts.

and just to highlight this sentence to the max, we have this thread complaining about clubs who go up to the PL and don't spend !

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?341296-Yo-yo-clubs-and-parachute-payments

How many threads were there last year (and this close season) complaining about us for actually spending the money we have earnt ?

;