Bristol City

As ever with transfer deals there’s always a domino effect. Deals amongst the big fish need to be done and then that sets the wheels in motion as that feeds through the food chain.

Mark McAdam believes things will ramp up this week ahead of the penultimate weekend of the season.

The quote involving Chelsea, who want to bring in a centre back, was that the current market is “like juggling sand”, simply impossible to do.

Best laid plans and all that, you can always be a victim of circumstances beyond your own control.

It's better to find out where the players are mentally now, in friendlies. This is the perfect time for that realization (being so close to the season). It's a good wake up call and a timely kick up the bum.

As for the tactics, Parker is probably experimenting because we can be predictable and "get found out" too easily, so I think he is doing the right thing. Obviously they aren't working, and make little sense due to the fact we have little depth and quality across the whole back 4, not just the central positions. JZ has only had 1 season in the champ' and did get injured and called away for international duty. Smudge gets injured too and is getting on. Meps and Kelly both had minor injuries and are both confidence players. I haven't seen enough of Fredericks to get excited.
We have enough PROVEN quality in midfield, out wide and attack, it's just the defence that needs to be addressed.
I think CCV is the one that got away, I thought he was faultless during his time with us and apart from Danjuma, the best player in the team. He would have been a cheaper, on lower wages and IMO a better option that Philipps.
As things stand I am hoping that James Hill will be given a chance. Parker brought JZ and Anthony into the team from nowhere last season and they were sensational, so there is hope he can do the same with Hill. Hill is already highly rated despite not playing at a high level. It might be better to give Hill a chance than taking other players on loan who are either over the hill (no pun intended) or not good enough for their parent club who we will be competing against.

;