Build a Campfire - We Have Plenty of Dead Wood

Schmiegel

New Signing
If we manage to squeak our way into the Premier League next season we will need a new team to survive there. Let's face it, 80% of AFCB are just not up to the task. The Championship League is such a mix of losers and underachievers it's easy to see why teams that get upped quickly fall back down. We have far too much mediocrity and spare bodies that are just poor, tbh. Who do we keep? Solanke, Dembele, Travers, Lerma to be sure. I would even include Pierson, Smith, Anthony, Lowe and Zemura. But after that it is all downhill, isn't it?

If we manage to squeak our way into the Premier League next season we will need a new team to survive there. Let's face it, 80% of AFCB are just not up to the task. The Championship League is such a mix of losers and underachievers it's easy to see why teams that get upped quickly fall back down. We have far too much mediocrity and spare bodies that are just poor, tbh. Who do we keep? Solanke, Dembele, Travers, Lerma to be sure. I would even include Pierson, Smith, Anthony, Lowe and Zemura. But after that it is all downhill, isn't it?

Hi bud...you are more than partly right and damn cheerful to boot....
but I guess for now the excitement of the assumed, by many of us, elevation back to the PL is enough for now and another historical club achievement...and we can worrybead our way through June, July and August....
Between now and then Putin might bring us to a real war footing with maybe a bomb or two on London....that's more of a worry...so keep the corners of your mouth northwards and have a pie and a pint while you can !

Eddie was able to make a team greater than the sum of it's parts. I don't see that with Parker. It may come, but maybe that's a unique talent only a few managers can "pull off"? Anywho, I would lean towards keeping Cahill around. No more than a Cup squad player, but his experience (and Smiths) will be vital in the Prem.

On the fence about Billing. He can have some really good games, but he is too inconsistent.

This OP posting something negative at least once every school holiday is compulsary, if anyone on here is new enough not to know.

This is probably his/her most positive post ever to be fair.
LOL, I love being stalked by devoted followers like the one above. He lives for my posts. . It's just like being talked about by old women at the hair salon.

Considering recent performances, bit surprised Cook isn't on the list yet Pearson, who barely gets an occasional sub performance, is. Nothing against Pearson, I think he can do a job in the Prem, but Cook is on the teamsheet before him 99% of the time for me.

I post quote a lot of crap..interspersed with nuggets of sheer cosmic brilliance.
Same could be said of a few others....I like to think i've swung a few in behind me, not too close you understand...not too close !
This Forum is quite unique among all the others...a greater range of diversity from its inhabitants than say, Manu, Millwall, Norwich, Watford, Leeds, Sorehampton Stenhousemuir and Mangotsfield. etcetera...etcetera...and despite my occasional criticisms that is to the Good !

Well, I'm sure it would have occurred to our manager that if we were to go up, we may well need to beef up the squad in certain areas - just as we did last time, when we recruited Mings, Distin, Gradel and a few others.

He's a professional manager, highly regarded in the football world. He knows what he is doing.

Well, I'm sure it would have occurred to our manager that if we were to go up, we may well need to beef up the squad in certain areas - just as we did last time, when we recruited Mings, Distin, Gradel and a few others.

He's a professional manager, highly regarded in the football world. He knows what he is doing.
Can’t make out if you were being sarcastic there

I'm not allowed to disagree with continual negativity from certain posters?
Where did I say that? You are very good at putting words into my mouth, please don’t. You can disagree with who you like, I’m just making the point that it can’t be that enjoyable for you constantly just posting about how incredulous you are over the negativity of others.

;