Burnley v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 1 pm

He has been very good for us.

We are looking extremely fragile with defensive back ups.

Mepham is more than capable and a solid player once given a run in the team.

It must look like we will have to dip into the development squad for any other central defensive cover.

Outtara can probably cover out wide, but centrally we look exposed.

Hopefully Francis will see that we make more balanced signings across the entire squad.

He has been very good for us.

We are looking extremely fragile with defensive back ups.

Mepham is more than capable and a solid player once given a run in the team.

It must look like we will have to dip into the development squad for any other central defensive cover.

Outtara can probably cover out wide, but centrally we look exposed.

I was thinking during the game that we are one more injury/suspension away from Lewis Cook playing a full game there…

Losing Sensei is a huge blow.....such a clever player.....starts off so many of our attacks and is pretty much our only threat from set pieces.
I suppose if we are to have Mepham in the team it's better to have him alongside Zab rather than Sensei though.

Losing Sensei is a huge blow.....such a clever player.....starts off so many of our attacks and is pretty much our only threat from set pieces.
I suppose if we are to have Mepham in the team it's better to have him alongside Zab rather than Sensei though.
Plus meps will be a good match up for Luton and Sheffield United while hill and Kelly are expected back by Everton I think - we benefit from a 2 weekend gap

Yeah I'm sure Meps will be fine defensively.....it's Senesi's distribution that will be missed.
Senesi gets in over lloyd due to his passing and intelligent press. However, think he struggles with the physicality of a team like Luton

From our perspective, it may not have been the prettiest match to watch but we got the three points.

I have just found an article [Guardian 24/11/23] that stongly indicates that it WAS a deliberate strategy by Iraola.

"...with manager Vincent Kompany describing a defeat to Crystal Palace as a “tough one to take” after seeing his side cede four shots on goal and two hit the net. Burnley finished the game with 17 attempts and zero goals."

The stats from Sunday mirror Burnley's home match with Palace.
Burnley: goal attempts, 19; on target 6; goals 0.
Bournemouth: goal attempts, 10; on target, 3; goals 2.

I believe that we have a manager who really knows his job.

I sat and watched the game again this afternoon, God knows why (as I thought it was terrible) but thought I might get a different view on the telly.
I agree with Erik, AI had seen this game coming and after a draining match against the best side in the world followed by two hours of football in the week, he had clearly given instructions to sit in and hold fort and just wait, a brave move considering our recent efforts in front of goal, I’m all in with Iraola, a tactical superstar. Getting him to sign an extension is far more important than keeping Kelly or even Solanke.

;