Buy a brick

I find this initiative really odd - in place fir 3 - 4 years ? Or do we deduce/speculate that we are staying put. It’s either a bit premature for a new Stadium or too late for the current one. Bricks can’t be transferred as they are actually just a brick tile and stuck in place so firmly, they’ll break if you move them. So essentially the Club would need to replace with new tiles at their own cost or charge a ‘transfer fee’. Bizarre

Jesus Christ ..it gets worse by the day !

£ 50.....mind you I payed that for half a tank of petrol yesterday....

....could of not used the car for a while and had a ' limited edition' brick instead.

Mmm yeah....buy bricks...not petrol...

...limited emissions !

Last edited:
Why ?

Is this another money making venture, it doesn't make sense if Bill is talking about a new ground. The initial idea was brilliant, struggling with this however.

Putting aside brand new bricks for a sec but it raises the point.

Really hope if or when the club do move or rebuild, that something can be done to transfer or reproduce the existing bricks, for many supporters no longer with us. Or incorporate them in some way.
I was the bloke along with my mate Al that put the brick tiles up on the wall at the current ground and as BFC1 mentions I cannot see any way they can be moved without breakage. They were put there with a high strength resin glue and then pointed in.
I would like to think they could be reproduced at a new ground but not holding my breath. I think some did get damaged on the wall between the east Stand and north Stand and the club replaced them.
Re a new wall I cannot see the point, why not do it as part of a new ground instead.

Last edited:
Think it’s an easy way of making money, it’s a decent price and nice for practically a whole new generation. Not sure they’ve been available over the past 10 years?

It does indeed send mixed messages out over the future of the ground as others have suggested.

;