Callum Wilson back at AFCB?

I too wish we were in the alternative universe where we signed an injured striker who's finishing makes Afobe look like Lewandowski.
First season in the Prem.

10 goals

22 years old.

That's a bloody good season for a young bloke from overseas.

Let's not forget it took Solanke 60 odd, that's SIXTY, SIX ZERO appearances to get 9 goals in the PL.

I know Jackson has his detractors, but for his inaugural season he's done very well.

First season in the Prem.

10 goals

22 years old.

That's a bloody good season for a young bloke from overseas.

Let's not forget it took Solanke 60 odd, that's SIXTY, SIX ZERO appearances to get 9 goals in the PL.

I know Jackson has his detractors, but for his inaugural season he's done very well.
Extremely basic analysis.

For every big chance he scores he misses more than two. He's got the supply from the rest of the team at Chelsea to thank for those goals.

He's the 3rd lowest performing player at finishing in the entire league (https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-worst-finishers-2023-24-xg-expected-goals)

If Chelsea didn't have the younger Cole Palmer however they'd be relegation candidates:

Maybe in 2/3 seasons he might be a player who would improve us but there's no way in hell I'd swap any of our 4 forwards for him so if we signed him he'd only be rotting on the bench. If we swapped Solanke for him at the beginning of the season there would be a very real chance we'd still be scrapping at the bottom of the table.

This has to be the weirdest obsession with a footballer since Dawson and Moussett.

What a naive analysis.

For every big chance he scores he misses more than two??

So how come Dom took 60 plus games to score 9?

Are you suggesting Dom took 1 in 6 opportunities presented to him?

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here.

Dom, would also have been the lowest at converting chances across a number of seasons.

The proof is in the stats.

Again, I will reiterate for you, at 22 years old, with the expectations of a team like Chelsea on his shoulders, and in his first ever season in the PL the guy has done an amazing job.

My like for him, is as comparable to your dislike for the guy.

But hey, you just can't see it can you?

The irony of arguing that he's shyte, when he clearly isn't, seems to pass you by.

Jackson 32 appearances for Chelsea 13 goals this season.

Across all competitions.

Have a lie down Kudos.

Solanke 36 appearnces and 18 goals.

Hardly poles apart are they?

Yes they are.

I completely agree, Jackson is decimated in all of them.

P.S. He's not going to sleep with you :)
Great response.

When you get owned.......

Chuck that in.

Jackson has way more potential at 22 than Solanke.

This isn't a slight against Solanke, he's been immense.

It's a comparison, to a similar player who Bill Foley wanted to sign, and is quoted as saying he regrets not signing him.

But of course Kudos, you know better than Bill Foley.

Great response.

When you get owned.......

Chuck that in.

Jackson has way more potential at 22 than Solanke.

This isn't a slight against Solanke, he's been immense.

It's a comparison, to a similar player who Bill Foley wanted to sign, and is quoted as saying he regrets not signing him.

But of course Kudos, you know better than Bill Foley.

"owned"

He scores less, he misses more, he's the third worst finisher in the Premier League but at least he's 22.

What a naive analysis.

For every big chance he scores he misses more than two??

So how come Dom took 60 plus games to score 9?

Are you suggesting Dom took 1 in 6 opportunities presented to him?

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here.

Dom, would also have been the lowest at converting chances across a number of seasons.

The proof is in the stats.

Again, I will reiterate for you, at 22 years old, with the expectations of a team like Chelsea on his shoulders, and in his first ever season in the PL the guy has done an amazing job.

My like for him, is as comparable to your dislike for the guy.

But hey, you just can't see it can you?

The irony of arguing that he's shyte, when he clearly isn't, seems to pass you by.
Dom was playing for a team fighting relegation every season.....Jackson is getting supplied by a team that cost a Billion pounds......10 goals is poor whatever way you dress it up.

Dom was playing for a team fighting relegation every season.....Jackson is getting supplied by a team that cost a Billion pounds......10 goals is poor whatever way you dress it up.

My stats aren't always ******************************** then? ;)

FWIW as it's a very small sample size but Travers is outperforming Neto in goals prevented per game in the Premier League after being below average in the Championship. I'll be amazed if he shows that kind of form longer term but fair play.

The billion dollar thing is a moot point.

Chelsea have failed to capitalise given the amount they have spent.

Dom was in a relegation battle yes, but many teams in relegation battles have goalscorers.

Bill Foley nonetheless.....yes the Bill Foley who has appointed the best manager we could have got, the same Bill Foley who has funded a new training ground, and the same Bill Foley who has overseen our highest points tally, and the same Bill Foley who is funding a new stadium.

You know, that Bill Foley, who said he regretted not signing Jackson.

That Bill Foley.

Fair point the pair of you.

We can agree to disagree.

I know where my money is at next season on a top scorer bet.

And it isn't with Solanke.

You choose whats right for you.
To be honest, I kind of like that you have a hunch about a player especially because there's nothing to back it up.

Personally I think Fofana (currently at Burnley) looks a more promising CF.

To be honest, I kind of like that you have a hunch about a player especially because there's nothing to back it up.

Personally I think Fofana (currently at Burnley) looks a more promising CF.
Oh Jesus Christ.

Glad you had the balls to name someone.

Very surprised.

I guess we have next season to revisit this amicable disagreement.

My stats aren't always ******************************** then? ;)

FWIW as it's a very small sample size but Travers is outperforming Neto in goals prevented per game in the Premier League after being below average in the Championship. I'll be amazed if he shows that kind of form longer term but fair play.
If your stats are showing that Travers struggled in the Championship its time you stop looking at stats and try using your eyes....lol

Stick to your pink decor and your cats.

If a cat sets foot on my property I set my dogs upon it

(Waits for the, they're not cats quip)

Well, they fcking look like cats
Only one cat.....a sphinx.....good luck with catching that fcker.

If your stats are showing that Travers struggled in the Championship its time you stop looking at stats and try using your eyes....lol

TopFarrierMate.....we all have a laugh and wind each other up a bit.

I love your little terrier dog btw.

No harm meant.

But the Travers v Neto discussion needs further probing.

Travers did great in the Championship.

But the PL is an entirely different ball game.

Long term, is Travers better than Neto at this level?

Nobody knows yet.

;