Can you record the live stream?

The only way I can see is if you can start playback somehow, either before you leave or have somebody do it for you, then you could use a mobile phone on a tripod to simply record the TV/computer or whatever, which is displaying the stream. A bit of a faff and I suspect the STARTING of the stream will be your problem, if you can't get it started before you leave the house.

I did the mobile phone thing once, when I had to leave the house during the second half one time. But starting the stream remotely is obviously not easy.

If you can record your PC screen, you could install TeamViewer on the PC and on your ( other ) mobile device which would enable you to use your smartphone to connect to the PC and hit the play button in the browser. You'd then just need some sort of camera in front of the PC screen which you left on record before you left.

Easy it is not ;)

Quite a few of us would have appreciated an AFCBLive on demand service tbh.
For those in distant timezones, being able to use your match pass later in the day when it's more convenient would be a godsend.

Any ideas, anyone? I can't watch at 3pm tomorrow but could watch "as live" slightly later...

Do you have a PC? If so there is software out there that lets you record your screen activity, many of which have audio options. If you have windows 10 there is software included:

I think the stream starts around 30 minutes before so if you are around then you can set it running manually. Otherwise you will need something like TeamViewer like thegazzyb suggests.

Do you have a PC? If so there is software out there that lets you record your screen activity, many of which have audio options. If you have windows 10 there is software included:

I think the stream starts around 30 minutes before so if you are around then you can set it running manually. Otherwise you will need something like TeamViewer like thegazzyb suggests.
Yes, screen recording is an option but I didn't mention it because there can be issues with DRM protection. It's POSSIBLE that the stream will not allow itself to be recorded locally, in which case this option will not work. I haven't tried to record it using screen recording and I didn't want the OP wasting his time setting it all up, only to find it didn't record.

I might actually try screen recording on my iMac next time, would be interesting to see if the stream is DRM protected - I think it will be !

If you film the screen with a second camera there is no way the browser can know that you are recording the DRM protected stream (y)

Yes, screen recording is an option but I didn't mention it because there can be issues with DRM protection. It's POSSIBLE that the stream will not allow itself to be recorded locally, in which case this option will not work.
If you film the screen with a second camera there is no way the browser can know that you are recording the DRM protected stream (y)

I did wonder this but ifollow seems to be relatively unsophisticated and I've not seen anyone say this doesn't work yet. I'm tempted to give this a try myself.

Edit: I've just read the whole thread CherryBare posted from the Brentford forum and the user 'jlove' says it works

Last edited:
Why not use a free screen recorder like 'IceCream Screen Recorder', which has an on/off scheduling facility?

Set it and leave the computer on when you leave and its there when you get back.

I did wonder this but ifollow seems to be relatively unsophisticated and I've not seen anyone say this doesn't work yet. I'm tempted to give this a try myself.

Edit: I've just read the whole thread CherryBare posted from the Brentford forum and the user 'jlove' says it works
Yes, I'll try it on my Mac for the next match. It would be nice to be able to view the match in full again after the event from time to time.
I remember in the FAQs when AFCBlive first came out, they said it would not be possible to cast the stream to a TV which is not true at all. So maybe there is no DRM either, wouldn't surprise me :)

Edited to add :
Quicktime player on a Mac records AFCBTV videos without problems, so I would imagine the AFCBlive streams will work too. No sound is recorded but to be honest most of the time I turn the commentary right down anyway.
Screen recording looks as though it might work ( possibly without sound ) so the OP just needs to find a way to start the stream playing remotely.

Last edited:
Why not use a free screen recorder like 'IceCream Screen Recorder', which has an on/off scheduling facility?

Set it and leave the computer on when you leave and its there when you get back.
Would work but if the stream is not live when the OP has to leave the house then they will need to find a way to start the stream in the browser remotely, otherwise the software will just record the static browser :confused:

Thanks all. I will be able to start the stream before I leave the house, so I'll look at recording option. Didn't want to pay £10 for the stream if it's a non-starter.

So just for future reference in case this comes up again. Great advice from Sam, they do indeed just keep the stream running post match. I paid for the pass pre match, but didn't click on "watch live" until 5.10pm. I could scroll back on the time line to the start of the match and simply watch the whole thing "as live". Only problem - when I first logged on I was very unlucky that at that very second they had the match stats up on the screen! So unfortunately I saw the final score but having paid for the pass thought I would watch it anyway as it promised to be entertaining if not surprising (which it was). If I had to do this again I would recommend either a) starting the stream pre kick off and pausing it, or b) get someone trustworthy to start it and roll back without telling me the score. Of course both methods still have their inherent risks!

;