Cardiff v Chelsea

Obvious offside and stonewall red card. Unfortunately for them, they’re very unlikely to benefit from VAR next season

Kepa was getting their first yellow card correct decision, they were unlucky with the offside goal though.

Nasty club Cardiff - hard to feel sorry for them, but I do a bit.

Another utterly bent officiating performance.

The Premier League is as bad as Serie A was thirty years ago.

All refs have their favourite teams, remember they were young once and adored the club they supported back then.
You see it in Cricket too from umpires with lbw.
Its very difficult not to have a bias.

All refs have their favourite teams, remember they were young once and adored the club they supported back then.
You see it in Cricket too from umpires with lbw.
Its very difficult not to have a bias.
I think it is fear of retribution more than bias. Can you imagine the reaction if Chelsea lost a match because of decisions made like today's against Cardiff? Two horrible calls and it is a small "controversial" decision. The only one to get in trouble will be Warnock for complaining. It would be totally opposite if it was a big six club. So the refs will always err on the side of the top clubs.

Where are they going to go? How much will the TV money be after they have gone?

I hear what you're saying but how many Man City or Chelsea fans did you know in 1992? Things can and do change. I'd love to think that the star names aren't the big draw, that the travelling support, the atmosphere (that's why sky pointed mics at the terraces), the competitiveness is what makes PL popular. But I guess if that were true we'd see huge tv deals for German football

;