Cashmoney

So, anyone keeping tabs? How much have we spent since the January window? About £130-140m is it? That is completely ridiculous.

The newer heads here will never know the feeling of waiting for Ceefax to cycle round to Divvy 2 on deadline day to see if we'd managed to get someone from the Stockport reserves in on a two week loan.

Relive your youth. Page 307 is currently the Scott story but that will change:

Last edited:
So, anyone keeping tabs? How much have we spent since the January window? About £130-140m is it? That is completely ridiculous.

The newer heads here will never know the feeling of waiting for Ceefax to cycle round to Divvy 2 on deadline day to see if we'd managed to get someone from the Stockport reserves in on a two week loan.

In this window, surprisingly only £94 million. That includes Traorè's move becoming permanent and counts Aarons at £12 mill.

Count in January's incomings and, yes we must surely be in that ballpark.

In a couple of weeks time, it’ll be the 10 year anniversary of the then record signing of Tokelo Rantie.

£2million, smashing the previous record of around £800k on the first big money signing of Matt Tubbs in January 2012.

Which means it's almost the 10 year anniversary of me passing a kidney stone. No wonder I never rated him.

For me, the perfect fit and perfect final addition to the squad would be Ndidi as a direct replacement for Lerma. I would say he is an upgrade on Lerma and a couple of years younger, but that would set Foley back a further 20 million.
I am really happy with the business we have done this summer, I think that they were all great value for money. Aarons is proven at top level and a bargain for 7 million and he is only 23! Kerkez was another bargain and meant to be a future worldy, We covered the 2 most needed positions here, we desperately needed full backs. Scott will be the new Wilshere for us and we will get big money for him if we have to sell him. Last season we were boring to watch and lacked that creativity.
I think our business in January was a massive risk, we spent big on Tarore and Dango, both of whom I rate, but are developing and adapting to the league, and a decent amount on Semenyo (also rate).
Foley knows what he is doing. He is a success story, I am not worried about the clubs future, we've hit rock bottom before, let's pinch ourselves and enjoy the madness of the premier league & if in the future we become tinpot again, so be it, all good fun & part of being a Bournemouth fan.

Still could do with a DM and ST the most which we haven't addressed.
140m in 2 windows, fairplay they're spending but we haven't sold anyone in a while how are they getting ovet ffp?

For me, the perfect fit and perfect final addition to the squad would be Ndidi as a direct replacement for Lerma. I would say he is an upgrade on Lerma and a couple of years younger, but that would set Foley back a further 20 million.
I am really happy with the business we have done this summer, I think that they were all great value for money. Aarons is proven at top level and a bargain for 7 million and he is only 23! Kerkez was another bargain and meant to be a future worldy, We covered the 2 most needed positions here, we desperately needed full backs. Scott will be the new Wilshere for us and we will get big money for him if we have to sell him. Last season we were boring to watch and lacked that creativity.
I think our business in January was a massive risk, we spent big on Tarore and Dango, both of whom I rate, but are developing and adapting to the league, and a decent amount on Semenyo (also rate).
Foley knows what he is doing. He is a success story, I am not worried about the clubs future, we've hit rock bottom before, let's pinch ourselves and enjoy the madness of the premier league & if in the future we become tinpot again, so be it, all good fun & part of being a Bournemouth fan.
Couldn't agree more Allen.

I don't understand how FFP can actually work as a mechanism to prevent cash injection. I bet I could beat all but the most draconian implementations.

;