Central midfield

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Potentially interesting selection dilemma coming up.

Lerma, Rothwell, Billing and Traore have all done well there in recent weeks so who misses out on starting if HT is fit by the weekend?

I guess we could push Traore to the left but I think he'd be far more influential in the centre. Plus Anthony had a very solid game on Saturday, and Tavernier could also be back.

I guess you have to stick with the team that won but would be a hell of an option available to come off the bench.

i was thinking the same thing about left wing when i saw brooksy beack on the bench, will he eventually make christie 3rd choice right winder? or an even further down the list attacking midfielder?

If everyone is fit, I'm not sure Christie makes the bench.

If we started with the team of last weekend, then on the bench you'd have Moore, Semenyo, Traore, Brooks, Tavernier, Cook plus defensive options.

However, the chances of everyone being fit seem pretty minimal and, as a player that offers something different to the others, he'll probably still get sub minutes. I think he's going to really struggle to start matches now though.

Eight critical fixtures to complete by the end of April, all of these players can do the job and are reliable. Good options to rotate and freshen things up, cope with the odd injury when needed. Nice problem to have
This. April has so many massive games coming thick and fast, we won't be able / wouldn't want to play the same 11 for 90 minutes in every one of them. Everyone will get their chances.

I'd go same 11 again if possible for Villa though.

If everyone is fit, I'm not sure Christie makes the bench.

If we started with the team of last weekend, then on the bench you'd have Moore, Semenyo, Traore, Brooks, Tavernier, Cook plus defensive options.

However, the chances of everyone being fit seem pretty minimal and, as a player that offers something different to the others, he'll probably still get sub minutes. I think he's going to really struggle to start matches now though.

I still think Christie is someone you want on the bench against the better sides as I think he showed on Saturday.

I absolutely agree. Felt a bit like when Eddie used to bring Smith on as a right midfielder to close games out. Christie was leading the press and his defensive contribution was pivotal.

100% this. Also he gives an option of holding the ball up to kill time. Not that we used this on Saturday.

Created a great chance for himself out of nothing as well.

The midfield options are a brilliantly problem to have, when Billing is on it, Lerma and Rothwell both compliment him.

But Traore has been magnificent in his few showings and adds real quality to the side.

Great problem to have... Christie for me is more central than wing… He’s shown he can be effective when pushing on more centrally… On the wing he just runs with little effect on the game…

Excited for the games coming up now…

Easy, stick with the midfield three of Lerma, Rothwell and Billing. Traore looked great against Man City on the left wing and reports suggest he has played there multiple times for his previous club, let him compete with Anthony. You simply have to play Billing in that advanced role as he is our biggest goal threat.

Lewis Cook should not even be in the discussion unless there is an injury crisis, the other options just offer so much more than he does. Christie is a good option to have off of the bench for Billing later on in games.

If Fredericks is fit enough to start (without breaking down again) then he should definitely start ahead of Smith too. It’s time to faze some of the longer term squad members out, they just don’t cut it anymore.

Great problem to have... Christie for me is more central than wing… He’s shown he can be effective when pushing on more centrally… On the wing he just runs with little effect on the game…

Excited for the games coming up now…
Absolutely, he is actually a decent footballer when played in his actual position (the one he was signed to play in before Brooks’ illness.) He’s a dreadful winger at this level though, even at championship level his output from the wing was below average.

The midfield options are a brilliantly problem to have, when Billing is on it, Lerma and Rothwell both compliment him.

But Traore has been magnificent in his few showings and adds real quality to the side.
Traore’s best performance for us came Vs Man City, playing as a left winger. He created more chances than any player from the other 14 clubs that game day.

A nice problem to have would be 6 into 3 behind Dom when all are fit.

Traore, Dango, Billing, Anthony, Tav and Brooks personally I play Traore, Dango and Tav but that would be incredibly harsh on PB after his more recent performances.

Does PB then play next to Jeff but again harsh on Rothwell.

Be nice just to have options, and not have opposing team able to guess our side as we have no one else available, and to mix it up in April with all those games.

For me, Traore and Tavernier both need to play if they are available. They would move the team to another, higher level.
It’s not really possible though to include both as it would involve moving Billing into a deeper midfield position, moving our biggest goal threat into a defensive midfield position seems completely counter intuitive. We need our biggest goal scoring threat in and around the box as often as possible.

Stick to the same team that beat Liverpool they all deserve to start IMO…great if we have Tavernier and Traore back but Anthony did well v Liverpool and you can’t drop Rothwell in his current form

;