Champions league 2023

wayne189@

First Team
Thought I’d start a thread now we are deep into it. City vs Bayern has been a good game so far and pretty engaging. I e said it before but man is Haaland a poor footballer but with amazing physical gifts. Let’s hope city are not too drained or suffer any injuries as next for them is Leicester with a new manager

Thought I’d start a thread now we are deep into it. City vs Bayern has been a good game so far and pretty engaging. I e said it before but man is Haaland a poor footballer but with amazing physical gifts. Let’s hope city are not too drained or suffer any injuries as next for them is Leicester with a new manager

How is he a poor footballer?

His touch and control ive noticed is not great and nor is his passing and he looks clumsy at times and not suited to helping the build up. When I say poor I mean In comparison to other top players. His goal scoring and finishing is top class

Good vision for the assist just now. Personally I think he's the best 'big man' I've ever seen by a distance.

Have to say, I thought Citeh were outstanding tonight from back to front. Incredible press and pretty much a complete performance

Ake had a terrific night, he looks so at home in that company, we were truly lucky to have him for as long as we did

Ake absolutely outstanding. Grealish benefits so much from having him behind him too.

That was a cracking game and some performance from City tonight. Bayern had 15 mins in the second half where they caused some real problems, then City seemed to go up another gear and it could have been more than 3-0. Ake is just class, so glad we had a chance to see him in an AFCB shirt for a couple of seasons.

City were the best team in the CL last season but that bizarre collapse in the last 2 mins of the game against Real in Madrid cost them, after City had bossed the game. I think Real last season were the most fortunate team to ever win the CL, Chelsea also battered them in Madrid, the shot count was something like 28-10 to Chelsea, but again Real got a late goal to scrape through. I guess that's what you need to dig out to win the big trophies, but I think City are looking in ominous form going into the end of the season. Arsenal supporters will be having sleepless nights....:wave:

That was a cracking game and some performance from City tonight. Bayern had 15 mins in the second half where they caused some real problems, then City seemed to go up another gear and it could have been more than 3-0. Ake is just class, so glad we had a chance to see him in an AFCB shirt for a couple of seasons.

City were the best team in the CL last season but that bizarre collapse in the last 2 mins of the game against Real in Madrid cost them, after City had bossed the game. I think Real last season were the most fortunate team to ever win the CL, Chelsea also battered them in Madrid, the shot count was something like 28-10 to Chelsea, but again Real got a late goal to scrape through. I guess that's what you need to dig out to win the big trophies, but I think City are looking in ominous form going into the end of the season. Arsenal supporters will be having sleepless nights....:wave:

After a performance like that expect Leicester to get a manager bounce scrape a draw at the weekend. I agree they were the best team in it last season and I expect them to win it providing pep doesn’t do some weird rotation in big games that he known for

;