Championship 23/24

Ipswich to win the next two , can see it happening , with Moore scoring the winner on Tuesday!! Written in the stars ..
Still fancy west brom to win play offs .. please or Norwich:)..

Ipswich can’t possibly get promoted without parachute payments, our forum experts have already stated.

The actual debate…

If Ipswich can win both today and their mid week game then the final game of the season Leeds v Southampton becomes one of the most meaningless fixtures of the entire season. Such a shame for all those scummers that would have forked out a fortune on travel and tickets. All that way to see 2 reserve sides in action.:rofl:

You must be joking.......have you watched them this season ?
They've come from nowhere but L1...on merit without the resources of Leicester, Leeds and Saints....so how would they lack quality of the same magnitude or enough at least to do the job.. the points on the board, in the table, are the proof.. you don't need to have watched them anywhere !
It's not too far removed from the Cherries two elevations from the Championship and from below.
We had at least as much quality as Leeds ever had in 95% of their friggin History!

Last edited:
Another angle on Ipswich's situation:

Their game at Hull kicks off at 2000.

If earlier in the day Norwich and West Brom win their games... that virtually rules out Hull for the play - offs barring a Math miracle.
Now then I know, having lived there for 3 years in the 80s, that Hull City absolutely hate Leeds more than most... their city centre has also been wrecked by Leeds fans, as bad as Bournemouths in 90, on many occasions over many years...one of which I witnessed on a Wednesday evening back then.

Hull would love to aid Ipswich and bugger up Leeds !

If the worst should happen, and L***s did get promoted, they'd surely go straight back down under Farke, who has never stayed up in a PlL season

They've come from nowhere but L1...on merit without the resources of Leicester, Leeds and Saints....so how would they lack quality of the same magnitude or enough at least to do the job.. the points on the board, in the table, are the proof.. you don't need to have watched them anywhere !
It's not too far removed from the Cherries two elevations from the Championship and from below.
We had at least as much quality as Leeds ever had in 95% of their friggin History!
that's it exactly.....they have come from nowhere......they've had so much luck this season.....good luck to them....but dont come on here saying they are by far the quality side in the Championship

that's it exactly.....they have come from nowhere......they've had so much luck this season.....good luck to them....but dont come on here saying they are by far the quality side in the Championship
I can say what I like....it's only opinion....and you can come on and shoot it to pieces...which is what you've done ..so what's the problem ?

But TBF...at least you used more than one sentence this time !

Unbelievable that 2 of the best teams in the championship get tonked 5-0 and 4-0 this week. Something badly wrong.

Contrast that with the 2 wins at Reading and Brighton with a clean sheet when we went up 9years ago

If the worst should happen, and L***s did get promoted, they'd surely go straight back down under Farke, who has never stayed up in a PlL season
Fair point but don’t think farke was properly backed. Spent a lot last time but sold their best player Buendia before the season began

Unbelievable that 2 of the best teams in the championship get tonked 5-0 and 4-0 this week. Something badly wrong.

Contrast that with the 2 wins at Reading and Brighton with a clean sheet when we went up 9years ago
Those two games were the most stressful i can recal

Suddenly it looked like we were actually going to get to the Premier League just as long as we didn't screw up.

After 40 years of watching us screwing up, I was sure we'd fail.

;