Championship Next Season

I imagine Eddie and the players are discussing playing in the Championship on the way back from Manchester as he builds the team up for West Ham.

Oh yes!! Already avidly watching the league one table . Pompey in 8th Shrewsbury , Wigan , I can barely contain my excitement .

Is this a serious question or have you thrown in the towel already?

I prefer the championship if honest but the business plan dictates we need to stay in prem for a few more years to build the ground and grow the fan base. Dangerous to go down now

Those looking back on the championship with rose tints - can't see another season like that again in my lifetime.

Relegation would probably result in us back in league 1/2 max for a generation imo - that's if we survive the inevitable financial issues.

craigerp - 23/12/2017 20:49

Any one else looking forward to being in the Championship next Season?

No.

But if it happens, it happens.

As supporters we're powerless these days to influence events on or off the field.

davidwhitehead - 23/12/2017 22:16

I thought they said the new stadium going ahead was not dependent on our staying in the PL ?

Just think being in the prem adds impetus to the project

Wallmth - some of your posts are top notch!.....the last one doesn't fit. Please have more faith - you know you want to. Some others too catching the 'doom virus'. Get a grip my Cherry Pips! Eddie deserves our support whether or not he 'f##ks up now and again ...as does Mourinho etc.

I want it. We will then have the inquest in to where a third of a billion pounds went.
But of course, the lies will continue.

Anybody watch Leicester v Man U - the intensity, tenacity and general performance of a player called Maguire who was lambasted on this forum by some a while back. Looked angry throughout game - and then got equaliser - brilliant player for our boys to copy his ' attitude'! And before a certain person says it - I'm not an idiot. I'm 100 % spot on with this.

;