Reserves
Journalist Colin Murray has predicted the final placings as:-
1) Norwich
2) Brentford
3) Watford
4) Stoke
5) Cardiff
6) Derby
But what does he know? We’re gonna tear-up the division (hopefully).

It's weird - most "Championship watchers" don't even have us figuring in their predictions.
I don't know why really.
Four-four-two released their predictions, and none of the PL-relegated clubs were anywhere near the top.
Hopefully they're all wrong!

Colin Murray, host of the EFL show on Quest.
He’s more credible than listening to most Premier League pundits discussing us.

HOWEVER, the Championship is brilliant because the only thing predictable about it, is that it’s totally unpredictable.

Beauty of the Championship, innit? Perm any six from six at the top of the Prem. This league, who knows?

Most people think that we will finish between 12th and 18th...
Fools. How anybody who has a genuine understanding of the quality of our squad can think that is beyond me. Can only assume that they think that without Wilson and Fraser we are impotent. If they think that then obviously they didn’t even watch us last season so they obviously have no clue about us. Good news. I hope people continue to underestimate us and we can use it to our advantage !

Without doubt if Eddie was still here we'd be predicted favourites or thereabouts. We certainly wouldn't have been under the radar.

We have no real idea how JT will cope in the long run, my guess these journo's don't know either. What we all know of course is that Eddie built a great squad and to date the majority of its still here and ready to go.

Colin Murray, host of the EFL show on Quest.
He’s more credible than listening to most Premier League pundits discussing us.

HOWEVER, the Championship is brilliant because the only thing predictable about it, is that it’s totally unpredictable.
Yes we’ll be seeing and hearing Colin a lot this coming season.

Journalist Colin Murray has predicted the final placings as:-
1) Norwich
2) Brentford
3) Watford
4) Stoke
5) Cardiff
6) Derby
But what does he know? We’re gonna tear-up the division (hopefully).

Brentford. The wheels are long overdue for falling off, which is a shame.

Stoke??? Have I missed something?

Derby? In administration by Christmas.

To be fair, we've sold our widely acknowledged best player. Then our main striker with the other soon to follow. Then our only keeper with experience, assuming Begovic also leaves which most do. We've also released three club stalwarts.

There's nobody come in (yet). Our strike force has next to no goals at senior level. Our main creative force has missed most of two of the last three seasons. We may think we have lots of great youngsters but the problem with that is youngsters sometimes wilt in the furnace of matches that matter.

We can look at out squad with our in depth knowledge of the players and think it still looks good. To an outsider, we've lost lots of quality and only have kids to replace it and have, so far, not looked like we're buying in any top notch Championship players.

So I can completely understand why an outsider may consider us midtable fare. Let's be honest, if the kids aren't alright then we will be.

Last edited:
Looking at our team think Boro will be too strong and street wise for us tonight .

Pretty light generally and the bench is really weak .

Most of our well known players are likely to leave and we have injuries already .

Anyone predicting us to get promoted?

Good luck to anyone predicting anybody to get promoted from the Championship. It’s a mighty long season with umpteen chances for things that upset the Apple cart. We’ve as good a chance as most.

;