Che Adams

Wouldn't surprise me if Dyche could get a tune out of him. Seems like a very SD type of signing and player. Not sure what Everton will do with him once they change their manager but until then he'll probably do alright for them.
Dyche is a nobody, and each game with Everton is proving this. A one trick pony with an annoying whiny, husky voice.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dyche could get a tune out of him. Seems like a very SD type of signing and player. Not sure what Everton will do with him once they change their manager but until then he'll probably do alright for them.
If by get a tune out of him you mean hitting around the ten goal mark in the league then yeh I think you might be right. That’s about his limit though imo. Still would have been more than a decent signing for us as genuinely don’t think we have a player in the squad capable of hitting that tally at this level.

Dyche is a nobody, and each game with Everton is proving this. A one trick pony with an annoying whiny, husky voice.
Most managers have a philosophy and stick to it in fairness, it just so happens that Dyche’s philosophy has never been one for the football purist. He has nearly always gotten the results that he was required to though so to call him a nobody is unfair imo. He even got Burnley into Europe which is more than Eddie ever managed with us! (Ducks for cover) His voice is very annoying though.

I mean give them a focal point (that is fit, unlike DCL), lead their line and chip in with some goals. They've played over a season without a striker and that's been the heart of their problems.

I don't think he'll fire them into the European spots, but I do think he'll make a big difference compared to what they've had recently.

I mean give them a focal point (that is fit, unlike DCL), lead their line and chip in with some goals. They've played over a season without a striker and that's been the heart of their problems.

I don't think he'll fire them into the European spots, but I do think he'll make a big difference compared to what they've had recently.
I think their big problem is actually going to be at the other end. They looked dead and buried last season until Mina came back into their defence and totally transformed them, they suddenly became very difficult to score against and it gave them a foundation to build on. Now they’ve lost him and their back line looks like it will leak goals left right and centre. Mina was a top half standard PL centre back and taking him out of a team that only narrowly stayed up could be terminal. They never really had the creativity last season but could at least nick the odd result when they remained solid. If they plan to go with Keane and old man Tarkowski for an entire season then I think goal scoring will be the least of their worries.

No one. I was just throwing to the floor for debate.
Semenyo has the potential to be far superior to Adams imo. However, right now we have to utilise him on the right due to injuries to Tav and Dango. It means that currently our only other natural striker option is Kieffer Moore, and bless him, he just isn’t quite up to it at this level. He does offer something, but what he does offer isn’t really enough to compensate for his deficiencies imo.

Most managers have a philosophy and stick to it in fairness, it just so happens that Dyche’s philosophy has never been one for the football purist. He has nearly always gotten the results that he was required to though so to call him a nobody is unfair imo. He even got Burnley into Europe which is more than Eddie ever managed with us! (Ducks for cover) His voice is very annoying though.

Well we had a Burnley fan on here earlier this year explaining that Dyche has desire to deploy more expansive football, but stuck to his pragmatic approach at Burnley due to finances and it was he had to do to keep them in the top flight...

I called it out at the time as rarely do managers change their 'philosophy' so dramatically.

Coupled with the kind of player he was and teams he played for (stereotypical lower league northern teams...), let's just say I thought it was a load of b0ll0cks.

I'm still waiting for his expansive football... perhaps when he's in charge at a giant like Barca or Southampton we'll finally get to enjoy his well kept secret...

But I can just imagine Adams doing well for Everton and will almost certainly score and cause problems against us.

Well we had a Burnley fan on here earlier this year explaining that Dyche has desire to deploy more expansive football, but stuck to his pragmatic approach at Burnley due to finances and it was he had to do to keep them in the top flight...

I called it out at the time as rarely do managers change their 'philosophy' so dramatically.

Coupled with the kind of player he was and teams he played for (stereotypical lower league northern teams...), let's just say I thought it was a load of b0ll0cks.

I'm still waiting for his expansive football... perhaps when he's in charge at a giant like Barca or Southampton we'll finally get to enjoy his well kept secret...

But I can just imagine Adams doing well for Everton and will almost certainly score and cause problems against us.
As he did at Southampton. I think there’s better out there than Adams for us but he’s not the Rantie some people are painting him out to be. The only reason for signing him for me would be to take a player off little Southampton that dents their promotion hopes as he is a decent championship striker.

Come to think of it…. Let’s get him in! ;)

As he did at Southampton. I think there’s better out there than Adams for us but he’s not the Rantie some people are painting him out to be. The only reason for signing him for me would be to take a player off little Southampton that dents their promotion hopes as he is a decent championship striker.

Come to think of it…. Let’s get him in! ;)

I actually think he's decent value, at current market prices.

I think he's a much better player than we've seen v us. Pretty mobile and strong, with goal scorer instinct... very close to be an extremely competent striker in the pl, under the right manager, system, creative players around him.

Read saints fans comments ages ago, and many seemed to feel if he could just improve his concentration, awareness (drifts offside a fair bit unessecsrly...) he could be lethal.

Would be ideal player to start as sub, nick some crucial goals, with a genuine view to taking doms place if he isn't on form and/or outgrows him.

Solid signing for the money

So ..what's going on then ?....are we signing him or what ?..is it Iraola that wants him here ?.. or the Recruitment Team ?.. Harry Redknapp?.....Mr Foley himself ?.....Harry Ramsdens chip shop?...his brother Ty Adams ?.....the Firkin Shed?...or just the Forum trawling names for sumfing what fits the proverbial 'Bormiff Way'....what might work on the whim of an ' expert' ? Pffffft ! :LOL:

You have to laugh at how these names suddenly hit the threads...then we have to listen to all the follow up gubbins ...then half the time it never materialises...the signing I mean.

Faivre playing v Spurs ?

Ravioli ?

Demarai Gray?

Last edited:
I have raised this point before, but is Adams any better than Semenyo? If he is then great. If he is not we will then only be adding to our numbers and not to our quality.

The problem is that every club in the land is always looking for strikers and so, this is the most difficult berth to fill.

;