cheated again by VAR/refs/Premier league

The Spanish commentator on DAZN, as they showed the VAR video review, immediately said that the goal would be disallowed because there was a clear handball in the build up. He was somewhat surprised when it was given and asked viewers to post their opinions on social media. The general consensus was, if that's not a handball, what is ?????
Absolutely ridiculous decision by VAR. The guy used his arms deliberately to keep the ball in play, totally changes its trajectory which leads to the goal being scored.
If the letter of the law says that that goal should stand, we need to start handballing a lot more in the opposition penalty area.
Apparently we've been too naive in trying to score just using our heads and feet !

The Spanish commentator on DAZN, as they showed the VAR video review, immediately said that the goal would be disallowed because there was a clear handball in the build up. He was somewhat surprised when it was given and asked viewers to post their opinions on social media. The general consensus was, if that's not a handball, what is ?????
Absolutely ridiculous decision by VAR. The guy used his arms deliberately to keep the ball in play, totally changes its trajectory which leads to the goal being scored.
If the letter of the law says that that goal should stand, we need to start handballing a lot more in the opposition penalty area.
Apparently we've been too naive in trying to score just using our heads and feet !

That's what I thought too.

So obviously an impediment, with the thrusting of the WHU players hands.

Was almost cock that it would be reviewed, then chalked off.

Next minute......goal allowed.

Let's not get into the the Zemura one that was negligible as to being inside the 18 yard area.

Even then, not a penalty.

I believe in our team, AFCB, but I don't think we have enough depth to play our way out of the quagmire.

We really don't now.

Play Lowe over Moore.

Please do not start with Moore as our out and out hitter.

Can we please ratify Foley before the obvious.

Might be worth watching Dermott Gallagher on Sky Sports football show in a moment for his take. I’ve not been able or ready to watch it back yet after last night’s misery, and the coaches not getting back before 2 am

That's what I thought too.

So obviously an impediment, with the thrusting of the WHU players hands.

Was almost cock that it would be reviewed, then chalked off.

Next minute......goal allowed.

Let's not get into the the Zemura one that was negligible as to being inside the 18 yard area.

Even then, not a penalty.

I believe in our team, AFCB, but I don't think we have enough depth to play our way out of the quagmire.

We really don't now.

Play Lowe over Moore.

Please do not start with Moore as our out and out hitter.

Can we please ratify Foley before the obvious.

Was thinking that Lowe has been forgotten this season even more than Anthony. Agree Moore cannot start unless we find some players who can cross from behind the sofa.

We have now equalled two EPL records this season
the 0-9 defeat and conceding a penalty in our last four away games
(with the help of VAR we should get the record at Leeds)
amazed how these commentators find these kind of stats.

I had a chat with Mark Halsey about an hour ago to go through the decisions. Do take a watch here

Personally the West Ham player moved his arm which changed the trajectory of the ball towards the goal. Intentional or not, it was still movement.

The second was awful, ball to hand not hand to ball.

Tried to get on Talksport last night to discuss it but unfortunately couldn't get on in time. Was seething tho

Let's hope we can take the game to the London Primadonas.

The team is more than capable of causing an upset.

Start with Zemura, Lowe and Anthony.

Please do not start with Moore.

If Moore starts, we lose.

Will be betting my bets on as soon as the team sheets are announced.

Mix it up Gary, you, as a manager have nothing to lose.

Take a risk.

You have the position, make it yours.

Let's hope we can take the game to the London Primadonas.

The team is more than capable of causing an upset.

Start with Zemura, Lowe and Anthony.

Please do not start with Moore.

If Moore starts, we lose.

Will be betting my bets on as soon as the team sheets are announced.

Mix it up Gary, you, as a manager have nothing to lose.

Take a risk.

You have the position, make it yours.
Agree with everything here except the wish implied by your last three words. Gary’s suitability as permanent first team manager already covered fully on other threads. One more thing though- be prepared to sub Lowe pretty quick- I don’t know- shove on Marcondes at least he’s prepared to shoot

Agree with everything here except the wish implied by your last three words. Gary’s suitability as permanent first team manager already covered fully on other threads. One more thing though- be prepared to sub Lowe pretty quick- I don’t know- shove on Marcondes at least he’s prepared to shoot

Gary O'Neil couldn't do everything at once.

He has made us hard to beat, unless VAR is involved.

Given his position I don't think we can expect the world from him.

The only thing he doesn't seem to get out of the team is an attacking impetus.

That's more to do with the personnel than the manager.

How do you think the best manager in the world would set this squad up?

It's Moore or Solanke.

That's a personnel problem.

What do you think he could do differently attacking wise?

Now Solankes crocked........he needs to chance his arm, and if chancing his arm is playing Moore as a lone forward, then I agree, he needs to go.

He needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat,and that rabbit is not Moore as a starter.

I hope Solanke is fit, but he rarely comes off.....so it's obvious he isn't.

If he starts Moore as the lone soldier in Solankes absence, I agree with you.

;