Cheers Liverpool

I think defensively we were fine . Phillips and hill were ok , considering both brand new to the team .

Christ we are in Josh king not fit to wear the shirt territory with this post! His last game before he came here was in champions league at the San Siro. He is not gonna be a bad player just give him a chance to settle in.

Christ we are in Josh king not fit to wear the shirt territory with this post! His last game before he came here was in champions league at the San Siro. He is not gonna be a bad player just give him a chance to settle in.
No , we're not. He didn't have a bad game last night. However, that famous day of the King quote, King was awful, shockingly awful, the whole team were awful but he stood h as and shoulders above the rest as being awful. If you're going to drag the ' not fit to wear the shirt' comment up again, which seems to be the thing to do and a real shame I don't get royalties on it , then at least try to get a reasonable comparison
**Edited to say Ive just seen youre a " new signing' in that case it was probably a wise move to bring it up. It'll certainly curry favour with the elite on here who love to drag it up at every opportunity.
:rofl:

Last edited:
No , we're not. He didn't have a bad game last night. However, that famous day of the King quote, King was awful, shockingly awful, the whole team were awful but he stood h as and shoulders above the rest as being awful. If you're going to drag the ' not fit to wear the shirt' comment up again, which seems to be the thing to do and a real shame I don't get royalties on it , then at least try to get a reasonable comparison
**Edited to say Ive just seen youre a " new signing' in that case it was probably a wise move to bring it up. It'll certainly curry favour with the elite on here who love to drag it up at every opportunity.
Cheers Red. Just frustrated that people don't give players a chance so in a sense the reference to JK I felt was relevant as Phillips was being judged on one competitive game.

Thanks for the steer although not a newbie but only an occasional poster.

Given that the keeper and 2 CBs would hardly have met each other before last night, they weren't exactly flawless but weren't the problem either.

If we had someone who could deliver a good set piece into the box (as opposed to short and backwards) I'd fancy Phillips to get a goal or two.

Given Djimi Traore has a CL winners medal I'm dubious judging players on appearances there alone.

That said, it's way too early and that was far too much of a thrown together team to draw any conclusions on how good Phillips will be.

What game was it? I do remember going to some northern cup game on a Tuesday and he was absolutely dreadful. Morecambe or Preston?

Given that the keeper and 2 CBs would hardly have met each other before last night, they weren't exactly flawless but weren't the problem either.

If we had someone who could deliver a good set piece into the box (as opposed to short and backwards) I'd fancy Phillips to get a goal or two.

Phillips and Moore will be a real nuisance for defenders I think. Bournemouth will be a good challenge for Phillips. He's been playing alongside Trent and Robertson, which will have helped him. This time, he'll be expected to step up to being one of the stronger ones. Hopefully, he'll do that:)

;