Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth

Riverside Rocket Jolly Boys and Girls Chelsea day out, part 2 : )

Re Leeds/Chelsea, it was a crackling atmosphere at Leeds, football in a very quiet library at Chelsea : )

Met both of Wimborne's finest, Rob prince of Wells pre-match and Officer Dibble, with young Dibby, post match. Only came over and introduced himself when he was sure all the wheelchairs were safely onboard the Riverside Rocket and ready for takeoff. Didn't want his toes crushed : )

A lurker also revealed himself, said he enjoyed my drivel/updates from the back of the Rocket ( thank you ). Sorry folks but it's encouragement like that, that will keep me posting : )

'Personal' insults are a waste of time on this kind of medium...it's been tried on me quite a few times but i've always dipped into my vast arsenal of words and phrases gleaned from my 'Man of the World' experiences and come out on top...
...most ex- military are virtually indestructible on the banter front...and you are better off not challenging them if you don't like disappointment and can't shrug things off.

Rule Britannia !

'Personal' insults are a waste of time on this kind of medium...it's been tried on me quite a few times but i've always dipped into my vast arsenal of words and phrases gleaned from my 'Man of the World' experiences and come out on top...
...most ex- military are virtually indestructible on the banter front...and you are better off not challenging them if you don't like disappointment and can't shrug things off.

Rule Britannia !

lol :D

8 fcuking players Infront of Mount. Lerma ducks and Kelly, also at fault for the first goal, moves out of the way. Dreadful defending.
We should have had a penalty for the foul on Billing but Simon Hooper is one of the worst refs and it's at Chelsea so we may as well whistle fcuking dixie
Simon Hooper is a short bald man...enough said.

Well we had more huff and puff in the second half, but when it came to any danger to the Chelsea goal I didn’t see it.

Chelsea didn’t break through in the second half and it remained 2-0.

Be interesting what Michael B Jordan made of the game.

Hope for better on Saturday and think it will be as well.
Probably prefers watching basketball.

Looked like a man who had lost his wallet.

Usual suspects will try to mask the deficiencies of today by saying, “we’re not Man City, did you really expect us to win?”

Didn’t expect us to win, did at the very least expect us to have a coherent game plan and structure to our set up. Today in the first half was an absolute shambles.

Was pretty content after Newcastle, we lost but at least we gave ourselves a chance by setting up with a sensible and coherent game plan. Today was so disjointed in the first half I was laughing at times. You could even see Solanke gesticulating frantically to GON after one of the goals, it very much gave off a vibe of ‘what are we trying to do here?!’
Laughing?

Really.

You are a prize....C U N T

Re Leeds/Chelsea, it was a crackling atmosphere at Leeds, football in a very quiet library at Chelsea : )

Met both of Wimborne's finest, Rob prince of Wells pre-match and Officer Dibble, with young Dibby, post match. Only came over and introduced himself when he was sure all the wheelchairs were safely onboard the Riverside Rocket and ready for takeoff. Didn't want his toes crushed : )

A lurker also revealed himself, said he enjoyed my drivel/updates from the back of the Rocket ( thank you ). Sorry folks but it's encouragement like that, that will keep me posting : )
Afcbdiddy.

The lurker.

Maybe because he’s our best player, by miles ?
Based on what? Headless chicken effort? If so then yes. Control, first touch, vision, positioning, goal scoring ability at this level? Then no.
I'm afraid Dom is a championship level player, which to be fair to him, his stats prove.

Based on what? Headless chicken effort? If so then yes. Control, first touch, vision, positioning, goal scoring ability at this level? Then no.
I'm afraid Dom is a championship level player, which to be fair to him, his stats prove.
If anything was going to come from us last night it was going to be from Solanke. He would have had to create it and take it himself. He’s an absolute work horse in that deeper 10 role, it’s a shame we can’t clone him and have him playing the number 9 role as well.

If anything was going to come from us last night it was going to be from Solanke. He would have had to create it and take it himself. He’s an absolute work horse in that deeper 10 role, it’s a shame we can’t clone him and have him playing the number 9 role as well.
No one disputes his efforts but unfortunately he can't create and take his own chances. Running with the ball sometimes seems difficult. As much as many would love for it he's just not a goal scorer at this level. 7 goals in 67 PL matches. As much running and miles covered as possible in a match doesn't count in the goals scored column. Perhaps he'd score more if he just stood still.

For the older fans on here, that could be a description of what Dickie Dowsett had to do at times.

No one disputes his efforts but unfortunately he can't create and take his own chances. Running with the ball sometimes seems difficult. As much as many would love for it he's just not a goal scorer at this level. 7 goals in 67 PL matches. As much running and miles covered as possible in a match doesn't count in the goals scored column. Perhaps he'd score more if he just stood still.
It’s 6 Premier League goals since the covid restart, with 2 season in the championship in between where he has developed. It’s still only 25 and is currently being played so much deeper.

Was dibby in uniform? ;-)

It’s 6 Premier League goals since the covid restart, with 2 season in the championship in between where he has developed. It’s still only 25 and is currently being played so much deeper.
You can dress it up as much as you like but still only 7 goals at this level. No argument over his two seasons in the championship where his goals to games ratio is nearly 1:2 but he doesn't have the skill, the strength, the selfishness, the arrogance , the self belief to be a regular scorer at PL level. Unfortunately we don't have those other players to make up the lack of goals from the front two which is why we are serious contenders for a relegation scrap.

we're watching 2 different players I think. To me he seemed to be one of the only players in our side last night who looked like he had premier league quality

we're watching 2 different players I think. To me he seemed to be one of the only players in our side last night who looked like he had premier league quality
Maybe we look at different things from our players. To me he didn't look PL quality last night but then none of them did. I'm guessing we all use different options to get our stats after matches and throughout the season. My choice has Dom 8th highest on average in our squad so far this season on a rating of 6.8. Thats lower than the much maligned Christie and much lower than the often maligned Billing who isn't a striker yet has scored more goals. Dom gets 10/10 for effort and if effort counted for goals he'd be top of the scoring charts but it doesn't and he isn't.

;