Cherries Trust - Board to Board minutes

Repeats of all that is already out there, bland statements, stinks of lip service. If it doesn't work financially for the club it won't happen, irrespective of fan or long term impact, to the point cost building a new stadium would result in relegation. Thats the most disappointing point they've repeated

I'm glad Neill Blake accepts the stadium and training ground needs to be done then.

The last 5 minutes during Eddie's first spell were never bland, never for good reasons, but never bland

There was an initial delay of the club producing the minutes, then a further delay while we reached agreement on content. We're having some ongoing IT issues which have added a further delay, but we've got them out there..

These are the agreed minutes, so we can't discuss outside of the scope of what is there.

37,000 people on the ticket database and some people laughably think we'd struggle to fill a 25,000-seater stadium in the Premier League? Always come back to the example of Wigan. A Rugby League town surrounded by Big Club Utds and they could average 20,000. Which some people say would be fine for us!

Anyway, moot point. As the minutes say, with the current set up it ain't happening.

We'd need a billionaire to fund it, who's prepared to write off the money it would take to build. And despite other clubs' fans thinking our rise has been funded by a Russian one, that's sadly not true.

37,000 people on the ticket database and some people laughably think we'd struggle to fill a 25,000-seater stadium in the Premier League? Always come back to the example of Wigan. A Rugby League town surrounded by Big Club Utds and they could average 20,000. Which some people say would be fine for us!

Anyway, moot point. As the minutes say, with the current set up it ain't happening.

We'd need a billionaire to fund it, who's prepared to write off the money it would take to build. And despite other clubs' fans thinking our rise has been funded by a Russian one, that's sadly not true.

I would say our initial success was down to money Max put in.

I would say our initial success was down to money Max put in.

Avoided relegation from League Two without Max.

Won promotion with a transfer embargo without Max.

That same side reached the play offs during the Howe/Bradbury season and then the side was sold off.

Where Demin’s money really came into the equation was firstly bankrolling in particular Bradbury and Paul Groves signings and then enabling us to keep hold of players when other clubs came knocking once they actually played like a team under Howe.

Demin’s influence again I’d say was minimal in the Championship in comparison to other clubs budgets. But again we were able to fend off interest to keep that squad together (and still do).

Well, yes. What Max's money enabled us to do was tell Championship clubs to piss off when they offered £300,000 for our best players, whereas before that we'd snap their hands off.

My point was Max's net worth when he bought us was reported to be around £100m. He's not a billionaire as fans of other clubs seem to think.

That was truly dismal stuff on the stadium. Eighteen months to get into the training centre, if we start now, then only an aspiration for a new ground.

Unless this is part of a power-play with Structadene it’s a depressing scenario. If there’s 37,000 on the ticket base - and that’s without efforts to expand it - it must be reasonable to think that many thousands are locked out at each home game.

There’s something wrong here... BCP is one of the fastest-growing urban areas in the UK, with more and more young people (reversing the old trends). By 2016 the population will be 420,000 (official figures) - add in the suburbs in Dorset and Hampshire and it’ll be edging 500,000. And we’ve got no major sport centre or venue for external events, except DC.

Is it beyond the wit of our our Board, BCP and potential investors to come up with a long-term strategy for a decent stadium for the conurbation??? The minutes suggest the Board has no plan. Just how long can Eddie and JT put up with it??

The minutes suggest that the AFCB Board has no plan they want to discuss in public. That doesn’t mean there is no long term strategy.

The minutes suggest that the AFCB Board has no plan they want to discuss in public. That doesn’t mean there is no long term strategy.
Yes I agree, it's clear from the clubs statement the training academy will happen. I think they've learnt their lesson from saying we'd have a stadium up and running for the 20/21 season.

We haven't been told anything we don't already know. It is not financially viable for us to remain competitive AND fund a new stadium at the same time. The only way that will happen is with additional investment from outside and we're more likely to attract that investment if we're playing in the Premier League.

We all want a new stadium, but it's so easy to spend other people's money isn't it. I'm sure if it was our own money at stake we'd be making the same decisions.

It even makes aproaching businesses for funding more difficult, as we can't offer them retail space, or residential planning for future income

;