Cherries Trust

No, you're not supposed to have heard of them, which is the point. Just a couple of AFCB fans like you and I. On Twitter, they have previously have been opinionated though, as @Kudos alludes to. Not sure we'd have a board if we all went back through historical tweets and posts though!

I'm sure they will provide more info on themselves, as others will, when the time comes for them to stand for election on the board - if that is their wish.

It's not a dig mate, I love the podcast and as I entered with in my last post I've nothing against you guys or the CT, I'd go as far as to say I'm grateful to all of you guys* and I don't attribute anything to malice. There's no evidence externally that anyone is acting in bad faith.

I guess the analogy I'm going for is that you and Dom being the face of the CT would be a bit like being PM and hosting Have I Got News For You at the same time. Anything you do personally through social media will be associated with the CT so you might find yourselves in a similar position to the Leeds fixture scenario where your personal opinion gets tied into the CT and by extension a large portion of the fanbase.

Being a media personality is very much about putting your personal opinion out there but being a chairman is about putting out the position of the collective and I think it will be very challenging to do both.

I should probably add this was originally in response to a suggestion that you and Dom should run for chairmanship which as far I know isn't something you've done or expressed an interest in so the whole post is kind of moot.

* guys in a gender-neutral way I know this isn't a boys club.

I guess the analogy I'm going for is that you and Dom being the face of the CT would be a bit like being PM and hosting Have I Got News For You at the same time.
Ahhh, the Sam in question is Sam Somers, not me!

Whilst I put my name on the original letter to CT, I have liaised with Sam Somers and Dom Greenslade in the background with a few technical bits I can offer in terms of setting it up, however absolutely no chance I would want to be on the board (although I will become a member).

Imagine me ripping into the club on a pod/video and then sitting on a table with the hierarchy on the following day! :LOL:

Am not really interested in being close to anyone at the club in that way. Not for me!

Ahhh, the Sam in question is Sam Somers, not me!

Whilst I put my name on the original letter to CT, I have liaised with Sam Somers and Dom Greenslade in the background with a few technical bits I can offer in terms of setting it up, however absolutely no chance I would want to be on the board (although I will become a member).

Imagine me ripping into the club on a pod/video and then sitting on a table with the hierarchy on the following day! :LOL:

Am not really interested in being close to anyone at the club in that way. Not for me!

Right! I hadn't seen anyone mention surnames and knew you were linked somehow so did some flawed deduction. My mistake sorry!

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you view it, the Trust is totally irrelevant to the vast majority of AFCB fans unless and until there is a major financial crisis like the many we had before Max arrived.
I was heavily involved with the Trust back in the old days and freely admit that with Max arrival I now have no interest at all in the Trust. Would I rejoin - no.
I disagree actually.

In 'good' times I believe the Trust should increase activities for the benefit of AFCB supporters.

I can't remember how its set up as a legal entity but maybe there is the possibility of obtaining grants to provide services or tangible benefits for supporters (not just members).

Not sure how easy any of that would be, but there has to be something in there.

I disagree actually.

In 'good' times I believe the Trust should increase activities for the benefit of AFCB supporters.

I can't remember how its set up as a legal entity but maybe there is the possibility of obtaining grants to provide services or tangible benefits for supporters (not just members).

Not sure how easy any of that would be, but there has to be something in there.
Sorry to disagree with you disagreeing with me but I don't think we are that far apart.
If, and its a big IF, the Trust can find a way to become relevant to your average supporter through expanding its activities (have they got any?) and offering advantages, incentives, 2 way communication, interaction with the club for its members then it could function again. I would support that. At the moment though they don't seem to want to do anything apart from stupid stuff on Twitter about Leeds.
Unfortunately they don't seem to have any relevance to the club, do the club even acknowledge they exist ?

Sorry to disagree with you disagreeing with me but I don't think we are that far apart.
If, and its a big IF, the Trust can find a way to become relevant to your average supporter through expanding its activities (have they got any?) and offering advantages, incentives, 2 way communication, interaction with the club for its members then it could function again. I would support that. At the moment though they don't seem to want to do anything apart from stupid stuff on Twitter about Leeds.
Unfortunately they don't seem to have any relevance to the club, do the club even acknowledge they exist ?

As another who doesn’t seek out the lay of the land in regards to fans groups anymore, I have seen their minutes with the club board on the official site.

They also started throwing £50 notes about for the crossbar challenge.

As another who doesn’t seek out the lay of the land in regards to fans groups anymore, I have seen their minutes with the club board on the official site.

They also started throwing £50 notes about for the crossbar challenge.
Nice to know the subscriptions are going to a good cause......................................

Nice to know the subscriptions are going to a good cause......................................
You'd only know that if you were at the match. The trust haven't bothered putting it on their website.

I'd be happy to get involved with the trust again but on the basis of strict anonymity.

;