Cherwell Valley services

ErikthViking

UTC Legend
Yesterday, on the way up to Liverpool, I continued the AFCB education of one about International supporters. Of course, no away day would be complete without a stop at a typical British motorway service station. Could that be a more visited one Bournemouth supporters then show Cherwell Valley Services.

Having read of the exploits of Rob Trent, Table and the other Rocketeers on Vitals for years it was now time to show what this integral part of an away match is all about. Indeed tomorrow several hundred of us will de upon that place.

It made me think. We must have an incredible memory bank between us of places in England that we have visited while following Bournemouth.What places are important to you on our away days? Other than the grounds themselves, obviously are there special places that you visit when you go to see certain matches? Or other places that you have fond or otherwise memories of on specific occasions?

Yesterday, on the way up to Liverpool, I continued the AFCB education of one about International supporters. Of course, no away day would be complete without a stop at a typical British motorway service station. Could that be a more visited one Bournemouth supporters then show Cherwell Valley Services.

Having read of the exploits of Rob Trent, Table and the other Rocketeers on Vitals for years it was now time to show what this integral part of an away match is all about. Indeed tomorrow several hundred of us will de upon that place.

It made me think. We must have an incredible memory bank between us of places in England that we have visited while following Bournemouth.What places are important to you on our away days? Other than the grounds themselves, obviously are there special places that you visit when you go to see certain matches? Or other places that you have fond or otherwise memories of on specific occasions?
Randomly. Popped into a hotel near Cheltenham once for brunch and a pint and always remember the team were there having prematch meal before cup tie. Pulls was manager and under threat at the time. I came out the loo in a Bournemouth top as he was coming in. He stopped me and said ‘just want to say I appreciate you and your mates travelling we haven’t given you much to cheer about lately but we will be trying hard today’ I cheekily asked him what the team was going to be and he pointed at some random chubby bloke snd said ‘no point asking me, ask the bus driver… as you can tell from the results he’s been picking it’.

Warwick Services our second home. Gets more sterile by the season abslutely soul less.
Got KFC though… always a service station winner for those of us that prefer mass produced American chicken to mass produced American burgers…

There’s a Waitrose for Lord Snooty too.

Warwick is fine for the coachies but Cherwell is for the Elite : )

Where we pull up is next to the Greggs, there's at least 2 wheelchairs and 2 of the drivers that can't get past it without going in : )

Ah the age old Cherwell or Warwick debate.

I think it was the League Two promotion after Burton, loads of us were at Warwick when the AFCB team bus pulled up. Eddie leading the squad in for a piss and probably to stock up on booze from the shop. Queue a mass outbreak of applause and chanting. With random joe public utterly confused as to why the heck there was a mini riot going on.

I daresay you wouldn't catch the first team mixing and chatting with us lot outside the gents at a motorway service station these days.

Randomly. Popped into a hotel near Cheltenham once for brunch and a pint and always remember the team were there having prematch meal before cup tie. Pulls was manager and under threat at the time. I came out the loo in a Bournemouth top as he was coming in. He stopped me and said ‘just want to say I appreciate you and your mates travelling we haven’t given you much to cheer about lately but we will be trying hard today’ I cheekily asked him what the team was going to be and he pointed at some random chubby bloke snd said ‘no point asking me, ask the bus driver… as you can tell from the results he’s been picking it’.
Good one, we had 2 occasions when Harry Redknapp bought us fish and chips when the team bus arrived while we were queueing for our grub. Away at Dartford and then at Bridport after a game at Plymouth.

As we were very early for a pre-arranged Exiles meet-up pub, four of us popped into a pub in Leckhampton on the way into Cheltenham for this game. Somewhat surreal to see a crowd of blokes stroll past a pub in an affluent suburb of Cheltenham at 11.30 in the morning and even more so when we realised it was the team. Had a quick chat with TP on their way back. Failed to cadge a pint, TP blamed his assistant David Williams for being tight.

We must have an incredible memory bank between us of places in England that we have visited while following Bournemouth. What places are important to you on our away days?

Some random places that I always visit if passing.

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

A good way to spend a morning prematch, Huddersfield etc.

A must for Port Vale or Stoke

First went when we did the playoff final, always try and pop in when we play Cardiff.

If ever we play Shrewsury again:

For London away games, if we stay up there, the V&A is a must as are pretty much all the museums; there's way too much interactive shite in many of them but still worth broadening your knowledge base.

It goes without saying that wherever I travel with AFCB, I try and include industrial quantities of coke and a couple of cheap whores just to dispel any rumours that I'm just an aging aesthete.

Some random places that I always visit if passing.

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

A good way to spend a morning prematch, Huddersfield etc.

A must for Port Vale or Stoke

First went when we did the playoff final, always try and pop in when we play Cardiff.

If ever we play Shrewsury again:

For London away games, if we stay up there, the V&A is a must as are pretty much all the museums; there's way too much interactive shite in many of them but still worth broadening your knowledge base.

It goes without saying that wherever I travel with AFCB, I try and include industrial quantities of coke and a couple of cheap whores just to dispel any rumours that I'm just an aging aesthete.
Are you stalking us?
We were in Ironbridge this morning, are in Stoke now and will be going to the Sculpture Park on Monday!

As we were very early for a pre-arranged Exiles meet-up pub, four of us popped into a pub in Leckhampton on the way into Cheltenham for this game. Somewhat surreal to see a crowd of blokes stroll past a pub in an affluent suburb of Cheltenham at 11.30 in the morning and even more so when we realised it was the team. Had a quick chat with TP on their way back. Failed to cadge a pint, TP blamed his assistant David Williams for being tight.
Well we’d have been in the same place

Warwick Services our second home. Gets more sterile by the season abslutely soul less.
I'm a lorry driver, and stop at Warwick services quite a lot.

The sheer amount of Starbucks in such a small space is insane.

I counted last time I was there, and I think I got to 6 (on the northbound side only)

I definitely wouldn't call it sterile either.... Have you been in the lorry park?

I'm a lorry driver, and stop at Warwick services quite a lot.

The sheer amount of Starbucks in such a small space is insane.

I counted last time I was there, and I think I got to 6 (on the northbound side only)

I definitely wouldn't call it sterile either.... Have you been in the lorry park?

I keep forgetting to park close to the drive through one and use it. The main one by the entrance is always busy and often out of items.

Rising Sun in Newbury.

Only stopped their once, and that was after our 2-2 at Bradford City 81-82.
Stopped in there on the way up to a league cup game against Walsall in 1992. 1-1 with Big Mark Morris scoring for us, according to the Definitive AFCB.

Checking the fixtures, that was 19th August - 31 years ago tomorrow.

;